Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riverbel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Monitor gives no signal
    I can be using my computer and in the middle of something, the monitor will say "no signal" . I can turn it off and back on , it will work for 15 seconds or so, then back to the "no signal". The monitor started doing this several months ago, then stopped, but now back to the "no signal". I purchased another monitor yesterday and it works fine with the computer. I took the old monitor and hooked up to my laptop to see if it would work okay, but it does the same thing. Is the old monitor toasted or can it be fixed? It is barely a year old.:(
    vev_pro Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Hey get a new pin(serial port pin) i.e. the pin u will connect to the mother board.some soldering might have got disconnected.it will about 25bucks INR
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 04:23 PM

Depending on how much getting connector is and getting replaced as opposed to getting a new 'used' monitor for $25-50

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signal for Monitor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. I have 3 PCs , I've just installed a fresh copy of windows xp sp2 on them, they worked fine for 2 days, and suddenly , when I power on the PC , the fan works and leds start, but the monitor doesn't show anything,, what is the problem?? I tried another monitor and the same problem... ...

No signal to monitor [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Dell C521 and got tired of Vista. We formatted the hard drive and installed a previous version of XP. We were getting the downloads from the Dell web site to bring the computer up-to-date. During the download of bios it locked up and did not download. When the computer was restarted...

No Signal From Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

Ok this is a bit long winded so here goes: On new years eve I was watching a DVD, it finnished and I went away. When I came back there was no signal on the monitor so I just switched it off. The next day I go to power it up, I get a no signal from the monitor so I play about with the...

No signal on monitor, Please Help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a wireless adapter card and installed it into a PCI slot in my computer. When I turned on the computer there is no signal to the monitor. I turned off the computer and took out the wireless adapter card from the PCI slot and turned back on the computer and I have signal to the...

No Monitor Signal [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I recently tried to install a Radeon 9550 256mb AGP, on a compaq. Being the idiot I am I did not uninstall the on-board video first, I inserted the videocard and now I get no signal to the monitor, I have tried removing the Radeon and using the onboard video again, but still no picture. All...

View more questions Search