Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 11:24 PM
    sizing a capacitor bank
    is it advisable to size the capacitor bank as 30% of the transformer KVA rating? I assume KVAR=30% Transformer KVA
    erson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 11:27 PM

It is because of the stored calories and carbohydartes which is not soluble during digestion, as called resins in our stomach
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2008, 04:14 AM

From your power angle formula you can size your capacitor depends upon how much power factor you are going to correct..
    Debasis Roy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2013, 08:28 AM
    The total connected load both inductive and resistive in a plant is around 130 HP What size of capacitor bank is to be installed to have a power factor around 0.90 ?
    Debasis Roy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2013, 08:30 AM
    The total connected load both inductive and resistive in a plant is around 130 HP What size of Capacitor bank is to be installed to have a power factor around 0.90
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2013, 01:22 PM
    Find a company offering "Dynamic" correction equipment. Dynamic equipment monitors your demand and follows it, so to speak, will save you more than a static capacitor bank.
    The equipment distributors will do calculations for you, although I would prefer a good electrical engineer who is working for you without the vested interest of selling equipment.
    sinnadurai Posts: 127, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2013, 12:19 AM
    First measure the present pf,then from charts you can get Var required to correct to 0.9. If the load varies during duty/working hours connect a power analyser or datalogger to record I,V Hz, pf,harmonice,MD,THD etc and give it to a professional PFCC installer to give you a report and quotation for installation of a suitably rated PFC bank including harmonic filters,if required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start capacitor/ run capacitor info [ 3 Answers ]

OK I think I have narrowed my problem down to either a run capacitor or my start capacitor My fan on top of my unit runs but the compressor will hum for about 3-5 seconds every 5 minutes or so . Is it possible for my duel run capacitor to let the fan run but not let the compressor run, or is...

Wire sizing and conduit sizing [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for confirmation on some of the info I have found and answers to a few missing pieces. This is regarding wire size and conduit size for service conductors from the meter to the breaker panel (about 30 ft away). Wire Size: 125A service needs #2 copper or 1/0 aluminum -- #6 copper...

Capacitor sizing [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use a 440 vac rated capacitor on a 240 volt home air conditioner? The microfarad rating is the same on both.

Sizing of capacitor for a ceiling fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

I find that a capacitor is provided on a ceiling fan, and I am told it is meant to start the fan motor. Fans are there with different blade sizes, so the motor sizes must be different. How is the capacitor to be selected? Does this capacitor play any part when the fan is running? If capacitor size...

View more questions Search