Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fleep1234 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 08:00 PM
    Odd cooking spray/grease smell near my heater?
    There's an odd cooking spray/greasy smell, in the corner of my room, only near the heater, and it's the only heater that smells like this/ only part of the apartment that smells like this.

My apartment is heated with gas. Should I be worried at all?

p.s. my apartment is old. And my bed is right next to the area where it smells, and I smell it every night.
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Insist that the building owner or superintendent inspect it immediately and don't take no for an answer!!

It is a landlord problem and should not cost you.

Good luck roger
    fleep1234 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 08:03 PM

Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wine / Hair Spray smell in entryway? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Our house has a strange smell that is only present in the entryway to the house. When you step in the front door, there is roughly a 10 x 10 area that smells like either hair spray or red wine. I've dealt with mold in previous houses/apartments, and this doesn't smell like anything I've...

Gas Smell around Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a house. The inspector smelled gas and his detector indicated a gas reading around the Hot Water Heater. The sellers had a plumber check it out for a leak. They did a diagnostic test using a liquid soap solution around the gas line, going into the water heater. ...

Heat pump grease smell [ 1 Answers ]

We have a ground source heat pump which heats and cools our house. We notice a very distinct smell of "grease" when the air conditioner runs. It cools so we have been assured that the problem is not in the condenser. We do not notice this smell when it is in the heating mode. Any ideas?. JudyNTom...

Grease/Cooking odor from next door [ 1 Answers ]

I work in an office environment and we had a Chinese Restaurant move in next door. In the winter months the grease and cooking odors are very strong and almost nauseating. I even carry the odor home with me, on my clothes and hair. We had an exhaust fan installed on our side of the wall but it...

Rotten smell in heater [ 1 Answers ]

If there is something dead in the vents and I cannot find it. Could it possilby be from the unit itself? After I checked the vents I dissasembeld some of the unit the vent box and checked inside the heat exchanger and smell was in there. I also checked the return and changed the filter. If the...

View more questions Search