Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 05:11 PM
    What are the expungement laws in virginia
    I was convicted of a violence crime in the state of Virginia and served a five year sentence which I completed in June of 2006. I would like to get my conviction expunged or sealed. Do I qualify under Virginia law? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can get it done?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by russharv63 View Post
    I was convicted of a violence crime in the state of Virginia and served a five year sentence which I completed in June of 2006. I would like to get my conviction expunged or sealed. Do I qualify under Virginia law? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can get it done?

Sealed, I don't know but it wouldn't be sealed from Government agencies.

Expungement - an expungement may be ordered if the defendant is granted an absolute pardon for a crime of which he was unjustly convicted. The key to remember is that an expungement will only be granted to an innocent Defendant, unfairly sentenced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Last Name on Birth Certificate, Virginia laws. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved to Virginia while I'm 6 months pregnant. The father of the child is planning on coming down here in August and be here but because of finances may not be able to. My question is, Does he have to be there to give our child his last name? We are not married and I know if he isn't...

Eviction laws in virginia [ 4 Answers ]

My house has been foreclosed on. The person who purchased it says we have to be out tomorrow and will not extend the deadline. We have no money to go anywhere until the end of this week. She says she will begin the eviction process tomorrow morning. What are my rights, if any and what is the...

Expungement Laws [ 3 Answers ]

What agencies (besides government) are able to see an expunged record? Specifically, do the airlines have access to expunged records?

Cemetery laws in the state of virginia [ 1 Answers ]

What are the virginia state laws for burying on private land. Do you need a permit or vault ?

View more questions Search