Oct 13, 2008, 04:48 PM
    EtG urine test
    Does weight make a difference on how long EtG stays in your system
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by budahmac View Post
    does weight make a difference on how long etg stays in your system

To a certain extent but it's also about how well your kidneys are functioning and clearing the alcohol.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 05:12 PM

Don't understand your question, budahmac, because EtG is a urine test for measuring alcohol consumption but is not considered accurate enough (it registers a false positive in other words) .It measures alcohol from anything you intake such as cold medications, but weight would not be a consideration.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Dont understand your question, budahmac, because etg is a urine test for measuring alcohol consumption but is not considered accurate enough (it registers a false positivein other words) because it measures alcohol from anything you intake such as cold medications, but weight would not be a consideration.

I thought the ETG test actually tested the amount of ethyl glucuronide in urine - am I incorrect?

I also thought that the amount of fat vs muscle ratio (your body weight) was a factor, as is your gender and in some cases, your ethnicity. And, of course, kidney function.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 05:34 PM

The EtG test is a biomarker test that detects the presence of ethyl glucuronide in urine samples. Usually, it is used to monitor alcohol consumption in individuals who are legally prohibited from drinking alcohol by the justice system or restricted from drinking by their employers.

The EtG test is just one of many biomarker tests available to confirm the presence of alcohol in urine samples. These tests are used to document abstinence and detect relapse, but they can also be used in clinical settings to screen for drinking problems, evaluate interventions for alcohol problems and motivate changes in drinking behavior.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    The EtG test is a biomarker test that detects the presence of ethyl glucuronide in urine samples. Usually, it is used to monitor alcohol consumption in individuals who are legally prohibited from drinking alcohol by the justice system or restricted from drinking by their employers.

The EtG test is just one of many biomarker tests available to confirm the presence of alcohol in urine samples. These tests are used to document abstinence and detect relapse, but they can also be used in clinical settings to screen for drinking problems, evaluate interventions for alcohol problems and motivate changes in drinking behavior.

I understand the purpose - I was referring to your statement that you didn't understand what OP meant by how long EtG stays in a person's system.

I thought ETG was the marker that the test is looking for; therefore, the question makes sense.
    budahmac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    To a certain extent but it's also about how well your kidneys are functioning and clearing the alcohol.
    Ty for the info
    Sara lea Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Will alcohol show even the slightest in an EtG test after 11-12 days? I drank pretty heavily for two days 12 days ago. I'm female about 115lbs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG urine test [ 9 Answers ]

Is there anything I can take to eliminate ETG from urine?

Negative blood test and urine test! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late...

Urine test [ 2 Answers ]

I had 2 drinks last night and took a urine test at 9am this morning. Will the alcohol be detected?

Urine test [ 2 Answers ]

How long does methodone stay in your system on a urine test?

Urine test [ 1 Answers ]

Someone told me hydrocodone 10mg 3 times daily for 30days will stay in my urine longer than usual because I am a jogger and that it will store in my fat cells because I work out. Is this true .how long do you think it will stay in my urine. Thanks ,really would be grateful for an answer

View more questions Search