Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    30years Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Can I ever gain husband respect?
    About the only thing I've asked my husband for is respect: over the years I've heard things like---- he can't say, "woman" without saying "f---ing woman", "the week before, the week of, and the week after" (my period) "what good are you to me?" "your discuss me" I've been called stupid so much, I'm beginning to think I am stupid. "hay woman, feed me." This man has no repect for any women. I've asked and asked, just talk desent to me, please. He's roughed me up a few times, pointed a gun at me, raped me, and used me. I've been told, "you ever leave me, and I'll kill you, I'll hunt you down and kill you. I have loved this man, given my all, we have two great kids, and are about to retire. Because of his abusive words to me over the years, I'm not a good sex partner, and I can't bring myself to enjoy sex, because these things run through my mind. Because I'm not a good sex partner, things just get worse! I am open to any suggestion, please, I need some good advise.
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Oct 13, 2008, 06:01 PM

OK, you need to get out of that relationship, there is soooo much abuse on so many levels! You do not deserve this, it is not your fault at all, he has problems! I feel very sad for you. Please find a friend or family member to help you out of that situation.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 06:47 PM

You've been married 30 years to this? It's always been this way?
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 13, 2008, 07:30 PM

Get some help... He is dominating you, you have to get some help or it could get worse. He has the problem not you he has just said so many times that your starting to believe it but this is HIS PROBLEM and it is NOT YOUR FAULT you've done nothing to make him this way there could be endless reasons he acting this way but the main thing now is to concentrate on you and your well being.. GEt out now get some help.. Do you have children. If so do you want this for your kids? Of course not go talk to your pastor mom, councler anyone just start by telling some one please.

Take care
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:18 PM

It always amazes me when I read these posts from women. Do you realize there are men out there that don't treat women like this?

The problem here is you. He's and a$$, that isn't going to change. You have to look deep inside and ask yourself why you feel like you have to put up with this. Why do you feel like you have get his approval to live your life? What's he done that requires anybody's approval? Would you want your children to live with someone like him? Then why is it okay for you to do?
    Katho Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2008, 09:14 PM

She's been with him 30 years, they have two children and they're about ready to retire... and I'm assuming that he's treated her like this for years. Something's seriously wrong with this picture...
    No woman should put up with that kind of abuse or HAVE to put up with it, especially when there are children involved... and you know those kids have either seen it or heard it...
    I'm with Chuff... I am totally amazed! Did you actually put up with that for the entire 30 years?
    I would have called his bluff, packed up and hauled out a LONG time ago... kids or no kids!

THERE IS HELP OUT THERE... go get it! NOW!
    vapo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 11:27 PM

Usually I am AGAINST telling people to break up with others because I feel it isn't my decision to make, however, in a situation such as yours I believe you should get run for the hills. This man seems mentaly unstable and you need to get as far away as possible, this is not a healthy relationship and the children should not be exposed to a man such as him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Get some help fast and get out, like you should have 30 years ago!

Go to the Human Resource department in your area, and talk with a counselor, and get,a referral to a shelter, and counseling.

Its never to late to get your life together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For MEN: Do you test women? And how can a woman gain respect? [ 5 Answers ]

Do men test the woman they are dating, or are in a relationship with? Like will you purposely not call, or "forget" to call just to test her, and see how she will react? Also, what would the ideal reaction be? Or do you purposely check out a girl, or talk about how good looking actresses are...

My husband does not respect me and never has [ 14 Answers ]

I have been married for 23 years. My husband does not respect me and never has. He will say demening and hurtful thing because he doesn't get what he wants. We are high school sweethearts. Early in our relationship, he would use things from my past that he didn't like to try and make me feel...

My husband does not respect me [ 7 Answers ]

I re-married three yrs ago. My husband does not respect me, he is always arguing. He curses at me and insults me all the time, sometimes in front of my 12 yrs old. I feel like I am walking on egg shells. He does not treat my son with respect or love. And my son told me that if he hits him he...

Security deposit to gain or not to gain? [ 1 Answers ]

Living in Rochester NY. Had a one year lease ready to move . This complex is privately owned corp. Its huge. Leaving Rochester office claims it will send security in one month time. Does this complex have the right to keep the interest my security deposit has gained. In the past living at other...

View more questions Search