Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emberg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 04:36 PM
    1.5 year old mini daschund still urinates in cage.
    Ok,

I have had my mini daschund Jax since he was eight months old. Meeting his needs was so hard but I thought we finally mastered it. Well he has finally stopped pottying in our house but still during the night he constantly urinates in his cage and I take him out whenever he whines. I always thought dogs refused to do this, how to I make this stop, it is getting out of hand!! PLEASE HELP!:(
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Oct 15, 2008, 02:49 AM

First of all, KNOW that Daschunds are STUBBORN dogs... so patience is a key element here for you. They are known as harder to train in the "potty" department.

I need to have some info FIRST, I think... before I am able to lend you a hand.

How large a crate does this dog sleep in at night? Is there room for him to eliminate and then go curl up further in the back of the crate in order to keep clean? Or is he sleeping in the soiled mess?
    emberg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 03:25 PM
    He has a small crate and a divider to make sure he only has room to move in a circle lay down fully or stretch out. He literally sits and lays in his soil. He also has been taking to the vet for maybe an overractive bladder he consistently goes pee more than twice and hour no joke and his water supply is limited and not always accessible but just timed. He is quite the hassle for such a little guy. Good thing we love him!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

7wk old mini daschund not eating [ 6 Answers ]

His mommas milk has dried up and he is not fully weaned... Im don't know what to do. I cannot seem to get him to even eat softened food. All he wants is milk substitute... any suggestions? He only weighs 1.4 ounces. Thanks for any advice you can give!

About my mini Daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one tell me how offen a daschund female goes into heat or season, I got a female in dec.2007 the last owner says she was in heat in August. Its now march 2008 she still hasn't not gone onto heat. I have a male dauschund which is five years old and the female is two years old I would like to...

Mini Daschund Teeth [ 3 Answers ]

Do puppy's teeth come out? Do they grow back? Is it normal for them to loose teeth? Should we see a vet about this?

Mini Daschund and Shar-pei [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 5 month old shar-pei and a 6 week old mini daschund. We just got the Daschund today. My question is how do I start to introduce them? Slowly or what?https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/confused.gif Sometimes my shar-pei can get too excited and lick or sniff to hard and...

Mini Daschund Having Seizures [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5 yr old male, mini daschund who has recently started having seizures. I'm not familiar with the breed and actually didn't acquire him until he was 4 yrs and from a stranger so I don't know his history. Are seizures a common medical condition for this breed?

View more questions Search