Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumajo100
    It's ben 6 months so far since she has ben out of the relationship.
    How is your relationship with her in general?
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2006, 11:34 AM
    Okay... we can go on and on about whether a guy and girl that are friends can become romantically involved... okay, its possible... it may happen once in a blue moon... but the reality is that one cannot assume it is that way.

For every time that it HAS happened, there are about 999,999 times that it Hasn't happened.

So I mean it when I say, you're one in a million, babe! ;)

If you are to even attempt to be her friend in the meantime, you HAVE to make your feelings known NOW. That is imperative! Then, if you two choose to hang out while she takes a little more time to get over her relationship, at least it will be on those terms... each time taking a step closer to becoming a couple. But she HAS to know your intentions. (And by the way... six months is PLENTY time to get over someone!)

If you do not tell her your intentions, and you are just her "friend," she will put you in that category, discuss her ex-bf with you, and any hopes of becoming more than friends will be lost.

A good idea would be to take some notes here. This stuff is gold... if you read around here, there is a lot of hidden nuggets in these relationship threads. You have to create attraction. Make her forget she ever had an ex-bf.

You don't want to be there to be a shoulder to lean on about her ex-bf... the past is the past... you want to be focused on the future... which is YOU and HER.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2006, 12:12 PM
    I fully agree with the above. You NEVER want to be a woman's Therapist. That's for HER FRIENDs. Once you do that she loses all attraction for you. I am an extremely open person... I've been there and done that - it's bad.

I would slowly step away... not see her as much... not answer her calls... not return calls right away.

Be busy.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 06:51 PM
    She needs time to get over her previous experience before considering another relationship. Keep on being there for her as a friend and let her get to know you. Eventually she may warm up to the idea of a relationship with you after she gets to know you and sees that you can be trusted. I can't make any guarantees but giving things patience and time is what's needed in this case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

System hang... [ 6 Answers ]

I buy a amd athlon 3200+ with msi k8n neo nforcr 3 lsr.. I put 1 gig of ram and nvidia fx5200.. My problem is sometimes when I'm using my PC suddenly it hang up.. It's not happening frequently, I think thrice a month only but I want to know what is the problem.. Hope you will help with...

System hang during startup [ 6 Answers ]

anyone please help me. I'm having a startup problem. My system hung during initial startup. I had to reset for 6x for it to boot properly. It froozes after BIOS, before windows start, after I log into my username and before the startup programs. What could be the problem? Everything is OK once...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

Games Hang with Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

I'm at the end of my rope here!  ?? I've got a MSI-6585 mainboard with the SiS648 chipset and a 2.4-P4.  I have a 60gb drive thats's maybe a third full and 512 ram.  I use a Radeon 9700 Pro and just about everything that uses graphics is locking up my system.  This has been constant for a...

View more questions Search