Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daustin39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 02:12 PM
    401k and ira
    Can I take my 10 weeks vacation money at time of retirement and put it into a 401k or ira without paying taxes
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 31, 2008, 07:23 AM

If your companies plan will allow it you can roll it over into a 401K. Plan summaries are written differently . You will need to check with your Human Resources department to see how your 401K plan is written.

You can put it in an IRA, however, you will pay taxes than you will be allowed a tax break at the time you file your tax returns.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k loan and pulling momey out of a 401k to pay the loan off [ 2 Answers ]

I have just turned 591/2 and have a 5,000 dollar loan from my 401k... can I withdraw monies to pay this loan off... and how much will I be taxed if I do? Mickey Huddleston

Looking for an old 401K [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for company back in 1998. I left the following year and soon after they went our of business. 5th 3rd Bank held the 401K's for that company. A few years back I called 5/3rd to transfer that money to a new 401K. They said they tried to find me and could not, which I find hard to believe....

401K or Roth 401K [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, I am an Indian, presently working for a USA company. I will be in US for next 2-3 years and then I will return back to my country. My employer gave the option to enroll for 401K plan or Roth 401k or a combination of both. And the employer matches my contribution at the rate of 50cents on a...

401k to IRA [ 8 Answers ]

I will be age 59 in February and would like to change my 401k money to an ordinary IRA account asap, if this is possible w/out too much expense. My 401k is a Schwab account, and if they could switch it to one of their ira accounts that would be great. I have no idea even what I'm talking about and...

401k [ 3 Answers ]

I was listening to a Suzi Orman program where she is now saying, unless the employer offers a 40lK company match, do not contribute to a 40lK. The reason? The tax rates today are much less then they were 10,15,20 years ago. My company does not match, however I contribute 15% of my salary. I...

View more questions Search