Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cosmicfish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Getting into Cambridge / Boston Area Graduate Schools
    Okay, I am applying for an MIT engineering Ph.D. and think I have a shot - 3.85GPA from top-20 school, 800/720/6.0 GRE, good rec letters from research faculty and work. My wife wants to go back to school at the same time.

Her interests are in history, literature (especially celtic), and historical archaeology. She had a good GPA, ~3.7 to 3.8 as an education major (history minor) but has been out of school for a several years and has limited research experience. She can get decent letters, but she has never done any real intensive formal research.

She is really interested in Harvard's Celtic Studies program. Does she have a shot, and is there anything she can do to improve it? I have no idea how competitive this program is, but I do genuinely think she can excel at the program - she is smart, organized, and passionate.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 12:42 PM

Not sure about Harvard, but one advantage of going to school in the Boston area is she has a number of choices of good schools for PhD work in humanities. She should also check out programs at BC, BU, Northeastern, and Tufts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My New Cambridge Electric Fireplace(stove) Squeaks [ 11 Answers ]

Just got myself a Cambridge Elecrtic fireplace, and when I have the lights on (flames) I can hear a sqeak squeak, like a wheel having to turn. I no nothing about Electric fireplaces, and I'm wondering if they're suppose to squeak when the fake flames are going. It's very distracting, and I'm...

General gre for law graduate schools? [ 1 Answers ]

I want some one to help wheather I take GRE general or subject to continue graduate class in USA law programs

Enter Miss Cambridge 2008? [ 1 Answers ]

I need a link of a website where I can apply for the Miss Cambridge 2008 beauty pageant (in the uk). Can anyone help me?

View more questions Search