Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supergurl58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 12:41 PM
    meaning of probabilitys
    what exactly does it mean to have a probability of 1? And also of 0?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2008, 07:44 AM

Probability of 1 means that it is certain to happen, whereas that of 0 is certain NOT to happen. OK?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 12:53 PM

The probability of an event occurring is stated in terms of a percentage of times it occurs. These percentages can range from 0% (meaning the event never occurs) to 100% (it always occurs). Since percentages are equivalent to a number from 0 - 1, you can state this as a number instead of a percentage. For example, if you pull a card from a standard 52 card deck, the probability of it being a heart can be stated as 1 in 4, or 1/4, or 0.25, or 25% -- they are all equivalent ways of saying the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

LRA meaning [ 2 Answers ]

What is the meaning of the LRA which written on the refrigerant compressors?

Meaning of 111 [ 6 Answers ]

What does it mean when I am always seeing 111 as in 1:11 or 11:11??

Tell me what is the meaning of this [ 3 Answers ]

Today morning as I was walking to job an eagle hit my head with its feet so painfully surrounded me and landed on top of tree where it stood as long as I went I never saw where it came from but was surprised by the hard hit what does that mean.

What is the meaning of this guy. My x [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have been reading some of the things mentioned here in this chat... I was wondering.. what anyone thinks of this and could anyone offer advice... I met this guy and it took me two years to actually get intimate and get into a relationship. I found out he lied about EVERYTHING... he...

Other meaning of a name [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any other meaning for the name 'Harrison' other than son of harry?

View more questions Search