Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 13, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Forester window controls
    My wife seems to have an adverse affect on car door windows. Recently the rear passenger window on her car stopped working and required a $400 repair.

Saturday, we had to swap cars and she called me asking how to lower the windows in my 2001 Subaru Forester. I told her the controls worked the same way as on her car. The driver had a console that operated all 4 windows. Those controls had worked on Friday. Plus there were individual controls on the doors. She told me they didn't work.

Sure enough when I got home, they didn't work. The driver's window (which has an auto fetature so one touch lowers it) continued to work. But the other three controls wouldn't work. Nor would the individual door controls.

Any ideas on what could cause this? What can I check?

Scott<>
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 08:21 AM

My subaru has a safety lock for all four windows (I didn't know this). It is a child safety feature. I panicked cause my windows wouldn't go down and called my husband who told me about this feature. It is an extra button above the autowindow controls. Do you have this feature ? Other then that, I never, ever have any problem with my subee. What a wonderful car!

Oct 13, 2008, 08:47 AM

I think I checked that. I know I checked the child saftety locks on the doors. I'll check it when I get back to my car. Hopefully it's that simple.

I love my Forester too. But I bought it used and its starting to show its age.

Hopefully, I can replace both my cars in the near future.

Oct 14, 2008, 06:27 AM

I thought sure I checked that. But that was it. Thanks guys.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 14, 2008, 08:46 AM

I am glad it was that easy. My Subee, outback legacy is l999 and I bought it used. They come with a good reputation. It has approx. l90,000km on it now and has regular maintenance. I swear th ebody will go before the engine! But I enjoy that car so much, the bodywork will be done soon enough to keep it looking as elegant as it should be.

It is great for my line of work around the community every day and wonderful in the winter snow and ice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3000 squarefoot forester type home ,how many btus do you suggest [ 1 Answers ]

BTU suggestion for 3000.sq ft home

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Forester transmission woes [ 2 Answers ]

Cars don't seem to like my family lately. In November, my wife's car had to have the radiator replaced among other repairs (almost $2K) because oil leaked into the coolant. Last month, she needed to have the horn replaced. Yesterday it was the water pump. On the next to last day of the year, we...

2002 Subaru Forester: Key is stuck in the ignition [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I am very new to this site and have found it to be super informative. Hopefully I'll be able to get some help from the users on here. We just bought our 2002 Subaru Forester less than a month ago. Last night, I drove home, put the car in park, turned the car off and tried to remove my...

View more questions Search