Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flashman2 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Arch for bridge
    I am building a garden bridge with an arch which is part of circle that has 25 foot radius.
    The bridge is only 12 feet long over the arch. Because the radius is too long for my work area I would like to know, other than using a stringline to transcribe it onto timber, if there is any other method of making a template to do the job. Any help please ?
    WWPierre Posts: 78, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2008, 11:24 PM

There is a mathematical solution, of course, but I would lay it on a piece of paper in a parking lot.
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Oct 13, 2008, 05:49 PM

I wrote an excel program to do this for some interior arches. It'll tell you the height off vertical for any point on the arch.

Let me know by pm if you are interested, and I'll send it to you by e-mail.
    Flashman2 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Thanks for the responses but I want to avoid using stringlines, and I know the height of the chord. I was just wishfully hoping for an easy way to make a template, but thanks anyway.
    WWPierre Posts: 78, Reputation: 4

Oct 13, 2008, 09:12 PM

Spring a batten, maybe?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Welsh arch [ 7 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me how to build a welsh arch, my brother has to find out for his construction homework and I can't find nothing on the internet about it.

Arch GFI breaker [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I work for a local electric co. I have a customer whose Arch GFI breaker kicks off when ever there is lightening storm. It also feels a little warm to the touch, with out any load. I set a voltage recorder on her service at the electric billing meter. I don't expect to see...

Tiling an Arch [ 2 Answers ]

After roughing out an arch on a custom tile shower. I don't know how to cover the curved arch on the bottom side. Duro-roc will not bend enough without breaking. Do I have to use another type material or is there a special way to prepare the duro-roc to make it bend without breaking? Tony

Arch and water [ 2 Answers ]

Hii, Does anyone have information on architecture and water elements? How they help make a space more spiritual and peacful? Any information on why it was used so much in islamic architecture? Thanks :)

Tiling around an arch? [ 2 Answers ]

The wall between our kitchen and living room has a 34" wide x 28" high opening with an arch at the top. I would like to tile both the wall around the opening as well as the inside of the opening. How do I finish off where the tile edges come together around the arch? I can use bull nose tile on the...

View more questions Search