Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lacie888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 07:37 PM
    How to convince my brother!
    My brother has been dating this girl for many years on and off.Well he is a cop he is a supervisor. Well his girlfriend went to file a report of some type of sexual assault which was not true.Soa after that he lost his supervior position and hedoes patrol now.Well the insane thing is he his back with her. How could he go back to a woman like that.How can
    My family convince him to stay away from her. Is he really that insecure... Need some advice...
    holeinheart21 Posts: 55, Reputation: 11

Oct 12, 2008, 07:56 PM

I will answer this question, as I can relate in a similar way, although not so severe. He is in love with her, and honestly, love is the most powerful thing in the world, and unfortunately, it is stronger than hate. Because it is so strong, it blinds us from reality, which can be both a good and bad thing. Sure, she did a terrible thing by filing the false report, and it is terrible the consequences your brother had to face. If you think about how this site continues on a daily basis with many many visitors, you can understand how difficult it would be for you and your family to convince him otherwise... and what I mean is, people get answers and advice from this site, and it takes a long time for them to listen (I include myself in this)... it is only when each person that comes on here actually sees things for themselves, do they come in touch with reality, and realize what the right thing to do is.

You and your family can and should share your opinions with him, but, it will be an uphill battle. It is going to take him to see it himself, how screwed up it is, before he will change his mind.

Also, not to call your brother a liar, however, perhaps he did actually did assault her in some way, even if just in the slightest way, and this is his way squashing the whole thing. Maybe there is more to the story, than he has told you and your family... if that is the case, then you wouldn't be able to understand why he is back with her, but he does. When people have a guilty conscience, they will tend to do something like this. When people feel guilty for something, they will in many cases go to the extreme to make up for whatever they have done.

Love does what love wants, and like many, he may have to learn the hard way, much like myself and many others have.

Sure you and your family may not agree with his decision, but it is his life, and the best thing that you and your family can do for him, is be there for him and support him in everything he decides to do.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 12, 2008, 10:57 PM

I know you love your brother but you have to let him make his own disecions it so hard you love them to death and you see them make all these crappy things that are happenig and you can't do a thing about it... The only other thing I would say if you find out or know for sure she bad news maybe hire a private detective it maybe worth it to save his job, but be warned he might not be to happy with you doing this...

I hope this helps

Michelle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Can I marry my brother in laws brother? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im so confused my sister is married with a japanese guy but before getting married his brother and I wer in love wjth each other that we want to get married but my sister and his older brother got married earlier than us.. I want to know if we still can get married even his brother...

Brother wants costody of younger brother [ 3 Answers ]

Brother wants costody of younger brother Hi my name is Russell and I'm from Minnesota and I have a younger brother that is 15 going on 16 and wants 2 live with me how would...

How to convince my brother to end a relationship! [ 11 Answers ]

Ok hear it goes.My brother has been dating this girl on and off for ten years.She does not treat him right.It's like she will be around a couple of months than gone a couple of months.She leaves him on weekends sometimes.My family and I do not like her. There is this other girl that is interested...

Convince my mom! [ 13 Answers ]

I just met this guy and I really like him and I introduced him to my mom but she doesn't want me seeing him.. she is very judgemental.. n its hard because I can't go out with him but he's so sweet and he calls me every night even if he is busy all day if he has a minute he will call me.. I need...

View more questions Search