Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaos5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Lien for attorney fees?
    Live in FL. In my divorce decree it states that if a party fails to follow through with terms and conditions they shall incur the attorney fees. My ex did not refinance one of our homes, so my name is still on the mortgage - I did my part by quick claim deeding to him. Can I put a lien on his home for attorney fees associated with having this matter resolved? If so, how?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 07:14 AM

You will have to take them back to court to collect the attoreny fees, If you get a judgement, then you may do this. But to be honest, is there not better ways to get the money, garnish pay perhaps, since a lien is not paid till the property is sold or refi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USMLE fees, h1b attorney fees [ 4 Answers ]

I am on a H1b visa in the US... my wife is a physician who is writing USMLE exams to get a residency in US... I was wondering if I can deduct all the usmle exam fees + costs of applying to residency programs (close to $5000) as expenses on my taxes? I also paid for the attorney fees to get my...

H1b attorney fees [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Do you guys know attorneys who charge reasonable fees for H1b processing. Please also mention what are the reasonable charges? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a new member of this forum, can you please reply at [email protected] Thanks a lot Deepankar

Attorney fees [ 4 Answers ]

My boss is going through a divorce which he was court ordered to pay attorney fees to his wife's lawyer. In the paperwork he was told to pay the amount even if he had to borrow the money. He was unable to get a loan, and was not able to get the amount in cash advances on his credit cards. He...

Can we file proerty lien & do we need an attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband & I work for ourselves. We are subcontractors for a builder who has fallen on hard times and is not paying his bills. We have a couple of bills that are over 6mos. Old totaling nearly $10,000.00. I was recently informed that one of the homes that he has not paid us for work done yet...

View more questions Search