Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 11, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Rapid detox?
    Does anyone know anything about rapid detox? I am addict to oxys and just need to get off them and heard about this rapid detox.. Anyone heard of it and if so where do I get it?

Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mishelly3 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about rapid detox? iam addict to oxys and just need to get off them and heard about this rapid detox.. Anyone heard of it and if so where do i get it?

Thanks

It's available in many States. Search "rapid detox." It's also of questionable value and dangerous (Rapid Detoxification is No Magic Pill)

"This "instant recovery," called Rapid Opiate Detoxification (ROD), is spreading to many countries promising addicts a magical solution to drug and alcohol addiction. Although there are legitimate uses for ROD, its very seductiveness and promises of instant "cure" for addiction are misleading and even dangerous.

ROD sounds like paradise to an addict and to the doctor who treats addicts. But there is trouble in paradise. Over the last four years, seven patients from the U.S. Detox Intensive Treatment Unit in New Jersey under the care of Dr. Lance L. Gooberman, died within days of the procedure. As a result, New Jersey regulators took Gooberman to court[/link] to have his medical license removed.

Gooberman said the patients that died had undetected heart problems or took cocaine, triggering a heart attack. But some doctors who perform rapid detoxification say the procedure severely stresses addicts' already ravaged bodies.

Just what is ROD and why is it so dangerous? The Waismann Method, developed by an Israeli physician Andre Waismann in 1994 is pretty typical of ROD methods. While under sedation, the patient undergoes an accelerated procedure that blocks the brain's opiate receptors from any opiates. Additional medications are administered to accelerate the physical reactions to the rapid withdrawal while the patient is unconscious."
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 12:36 PM

I saw this particular method depicted in a TV show a few years ago. The person was highly uncomfortable while undergoing the procedure. It was not pleasant to watch even though the person was "out".

Oct 13, 2008, 12:51 AM

Sounds better then the alternative do you just talk to your doc about it or do you have to go to the hospital?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mishelly3 View Post
    sounds better then the alternative do you just talk to your doc about it or do you have to go to the hospital?

"While under sedation, the patient undergoes an accelerated procedure that blocks the brain's opiate receptors from any opiates. Additional medications are administered to accelerate the physical reactions to the rapid withdrawal while the patient is unconscious."
    jeff2499 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2008, 10:30 PM
    I am a firm believer that you NEED to go through the detox with as little help as possible. As long as you think you can avoid withdrawals you will keep going back to your addiction. It wasn't until I was put in jail with a 400,00 a day habit and went through the worst 5 days of my life that I have been able to stay off heroin for 22 years. You won't dye from the kick, you will only want to. Good luck
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Oct 19, 2008, 05:09 AM

Did not work for my son. It takes much longer to get off an addiction than the time you were addicted. Get some professional help now. My son passed away 2007 from opiats.

Oct 19, 2008, 12:13 PM

Thanks for sharing that with me and I am trying.
    Madoliene Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 09:16 PM

Look at your other question for my advice!
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 16, 2008, 09:39 PM

It's not so much the DT's that are hard, it's staying clean even after you aren't feeling physically bad. It's your mindset you need to change. You should find a support group as well. Maybe even start seeing a therapist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Detox Necessary? [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend is getting ready for a lifestyle change. She has eaten fast food and not done regular exercise for quite some time due to depression. She is currently being treated for depression and now wants to take better care of herself. She is not going on a "diet", but more of just watching...

Colon detox [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best and safe way to detox your colon and intestines. I have IBS with constipation and I heard that detoxing your insides will help you to get back on track. Ive tried eating fruits and vegis and I've taken Metamucil, Fiber One, Citricell etc.. Nothing seems to work. So I figured I'd...

CHI detox pads. [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this. Has anyone tried them? I'm thinking of buying them for my mother. She has arthritis and high blood pressure. Will it help her?

Natural detox [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering what type of food you can eat for a natural detox.

Fruit Detox [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone tried a fruit detox? I have read about them online, where you eat only certain types of fruit or vegetables for 3 to 5 days. I'm curious if this would really help your body get rid of the toxins and also help slim down.

View more questions Search