Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CM94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 09:14 PM
    In love with my best friend who has a boyfriend.
    OK well this is my first time to really use one of these sites but I thought id give it a try and see what other opinions I can get.

OK, there is a girl that I'm completely in love with, but she has a boyfriend, I'm completley in love with her and were best frineds. I met her about a year ago and started talking and became good friends we heve been through a lot and we get along great.. the way she make me feel is like nothing I have ever felt. I work with her boyfriend and he knows how we get along and really doesn't bother him I think... I told myself in the begging to not fall but that didn't happened she means the world to me and all I want to see is us together. She is in college so I go see her whenever I have time.. I really don't know what to do she is all I think about all day long we talk 24-7 she knows I like her but I haven't told her or know if I should tell her that I have falling in love with her and I know she likes me (she has told me) she has even told me that she has never met anyone like me I want to see her happy but with me. I have never been in this kind of sisuation and it sucks.. so any advice would bo so helpful
    AskJenny Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Oct 11, 2008, 09:54 PM

You can remain her friend but as you said she's got a boyfriend so she's off limits. Remaining her friend; that's about all I an offer you...
    Don't create the fantasy in your mind of you and she... she is taken. Doesn't matter that she agrees with you that she likes you, you like her.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 10:47 PM

Action = character. You can't court someone else's girlfriend and be considered anything but evil.

You CAN tell her you'd be interested in doing things together if she ever finds herself free, and that's it! You can't say or do anything beyond that.

Fantasies are fun, attractions are noteworthy, but your actions = your character. Keep your character noble.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 12:46 PM

Since you feel the way you do about her, she should limited yourself with her. You don't have to stop being her friend but you need to control them otherwise it's going continue to grow.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 01:11 PM

Keep it to yourself, and be a friend. If it means talking to her less, and doing other things... DO IT!!
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Oct 12, 2008, 01:31 PM

Respect the current relationship and maybe get your "in" when they break up. Don't be the guy who causes girls to take a "break" and ruin the guys life.
    jojo007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2008, 05:23 PM

Okay.. so you don't want to lose this friendship, it sounds like one of those 'eternity' sounding ones and a true friend is one of the hardest things to find.. unfortunately the thing is that true love is ALSO one of the hardest to find. If you two are as close as you say you are... honesty isn't going to be a problem. If you know she likes you in more of a friend way then this might go well.. what you have to do is write her a letter maybe and sit with her there while she reads it. Not anythignt oo full on... just something small to say that she is someone who you can be yourself around, rely on etc and that's exactly what you want out of a relationship. Explain that having her in your life is most impotant so you don't mind her reply as long as you keep your bond. If she doesn't see you that way... you have to work VERY hard to keep your relationship as friends. If she DOES feel something for you then... you've waited a long time to be with her. She can break up with her boyfriend, you can keep it low key until it has all blown over. You will want to take this slow if she is the one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in LOVE with my best friend, and I don't know WHAT to DO! [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: As my tittle says I'm in love with my best friend and I NEED HELP! See I've known this boy almost 12 years mabey longer. He's always been there for me as have I've been there for him. He means the world to me and so much more, but the problem is he don't even know he does. It isn't that...

Love with best friend? [ 8 Answers ]

OK I'm in love wit my best friend. I love her wit everything I got. She knows I will be there for her no matter what, and for any reason. I'm always respectful to her, and treat her wit the kindness that she deserves. Her sister approves me of actually dating her. But she always go for the excuse...

In love with a best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I 've beeen single for 2 years... the past 2 years.. I've beeen dating many girls... But I think I fallen for a close friend... she knows that we wouldmake a bad-asss couple... But she drifted away because she knows I be messin around too much, wit other girlsfriend that I've beeen seeeing......

I'm in love with my bestfriend/ex boyfriend. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Okay So I'm 15 and my ex boyfriend( Justin) and I are very close. he was my first real boyfriend and we went out for 15 months. he broke up with me to go out with another girl and I was devastated. I gave up everything for him and he left me. Justin and I decided to be best...

In love with my best friend [ 6 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

View more questions Search