Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danni2123 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2008, 06:49 PM
    My cycle.needing answers
    Sooo I've been off b.c for like a year and a half now. Found out I was 8 weeks pregnant in feb but then lost it in march. Ever since I had the miscarriage I've been trying to get pregnant. But it seems like every month I start my period at a different time. The last 2 months i.e. been 5-7 days late. Other months 3 days late. I'm trying to get pregnant but how can I if I don't know when I ovulate? I think I have a 33 day cycle now but who knows. I looked it up and had sex on the days for being most fertile for a 33 day cycle. I just want to know if I'm pregnant or not. If I have a 33 day cycle I'm suppose to start on the 17. But already my breast are very sore and I'm very tired. It seems like ever since I had the miscarriage my period symptoms are the same as pregnancy symptoms. Very extreme. I was just hoping someone could give me some advice or encouragement. We've been trying for 7 months now and I just feel like giving up.:( answers
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 06:50 AM

It can sometimes take awhile for cycles to become regular again after a miscarriage and it may be that having a slight variation will be a new norm for you.

It is difficult when your cycles vary a bit each month. A general guide when they vary like that is to count back 11 days from your longest cycle and 18 days back from your shortest to determine your most likely fertile range. I wouldn't limit sex to just this time frame however, because plenty of women do not ovulate within what may be considered the norm, but maybe try several extra times within this range.

It's possible you are pregnant, depending on when you may have ovulated. See what happens when you think your period is due... then maybe give it an extra week in case it is off a bit. Test at that time if no period or sooner if you feel you start to have any more possible symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Plants: Light Cycle vs Dark Cycle vs Calvin Cycle vs Cellular Respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me the difference between these? I am trying to write a lab report and have no idea what I'm writing about.

Need Answers about possible implantation bleeding or just messed up cycle? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. My husband and I are not really trying but we aren't trying not to get pregnant, if you know what I mean. We are trying to let God just work his miracles. All my life I have had a normal cycle. Very dependable and regular. Well this...

Confused and needing answers [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had a bit of a scare and I had taken the morning after pill, Plan B. My last normal period was Dec. 28th of 2006. I took the pills Jan. 8th 2007. A few days later I had some bleeding that lasted about 4 days. Since then I have had no more bleeding and a lot of signs of...

View more questions Search