Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idy124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Abandoned property
    How do purchase an abandoned property? Also, how can you purchase an abandoned/closed down school? Is there a website that gives you a listing? Looking in maryland/washington dc area.
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Oct 11, 2008, 05:10 PM

You need to find out who owns the property, if it was abandoned by the owner than the bank owns it and you will need to buy it from them
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 07:22 PM

First there is no real such thing as an abandoned property, they are not used, or empty but in general all are owned by someone. They may be a issue of owner not affording, owner dying, or unpaid taxes or owner losing home for debts.

So you go to the recorder of deed ( or similar ofice in your area) and see who owns it, and if there is a mortgage on the paroperty. From there you make a offer on the owners and see what happens.

As for as old schools, they are owned by the school board and you would have to deal with their first board to make offers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandoned Property [ 1 Answers ]

My Granddaughter owns her own house in McDonald, Ohio. She accepted a tenant to pay rent. There was no written agreement. The Tenant has vacated for about 3-4 weeks, is no longer paying rent but has not removed her bedroom set, clothing and other minor personal property out. To date no contact...

Vehicle abandoned on my property [ 1 Answers ]

I was renting a parking space in my yard to someone at a very good price. He has not paid in over ten months and has only returned 2 of my numerous calls by leaving messages. I want to be paid and I want his car out. Someone told me I could put a lien on it, announce it in any paper, and then get...

Abandoned Property in NY [ 7 Answers ]

I have an interest in two abandoned properties. Both properties has been abandoned for 3 years and both has delinquent taxes on them. Both properties are still owned by the owners. But one of the properties has an owner that cannot be located. The current address for that property is the...

Abandoned and neglected property [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out what's going on with an abandoned house in an area I'm looking to buy, I went to a government site and got the tax info its behind, I also have the name of the owner, I don't no if the house is in forecloser or not. But I'm thinking if I can find out what bank holds the...

View more questions Search