Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GothicRomance Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Lake Tahoe
    So this is probably not the place to post this, but this came the closest to what I was wanting to find out. Feel free to redirect me.

About 12 years ago, when I was a kid, my family went to Lake Tahoe. I believe we stayed on the Nevada side, but we were in a cabin pretty close to the lake. There was a sort of village right next to the cabins we stayed in. You walked around and could look in all the cabins and they had historical things in them. I was wondering if that was still there and what it was called or if I am just imagining it. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.
    Joanna
    Sitkadiver Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2008, 01:07 PM

I Love Lake Tahoe! Haven't been there in 20 years or more, however. Emerald Bay has some great diving and Rubicon Point is a spectacular wall dive that has some great fish swimming by.

Anyway, a village with a lot of historical things in it sound a lot like the Ponderosa Ranch. If you've ever seen the Lorne Greene TV show, 'Bonanza' this is where a lot of it was filmed.

If my memory serves me correctly, there was a petting zoo and a ton of old antiuque fire trucks and stuff there. They even had a really cool spark plug collection - if you're into that sort of thing.

Because of the filming that was done there some of the old west town portion of the ranch wasn't made of complete buildings and so they filled them with old antiques of every kind.

Hope that was it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Chevy Tahoe drivers window only [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone this is my first time on this site. My problem is pretty annoying since this is the main window for paying toll bridge, car wash, badging into work... etc. Yesterday for no reason the Drivers side power window stopped working. All other windows and power seat work fine. I read in...

Underage marriage in Reno-Tahoe [ 1 Answers ]

How do we get married if were under age?

View more questions Search