Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Palin is a crook, allegedly
    Hello:

If she had just honestly said that she pressured Monegan to fire her abusive brother in law, Trooper Wooten, and said that she wouldn't do again, THAT would have ended it.

But, she lied instead.

I don't know how she missed the Clintoon lesson; it's OK to DO stuff, but you better not LIE about it - specially when there's EVIDENCE.

Poor girl.;);););)

excon
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 11, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

If she had just honestly said that she pressured Monegan to fire her abusive brother in law, Trooper Wooten, and said that she wouldn't do again, THAT would have ended it.

But, she lied instead.

I dunno how she missed the Clintoon lesson; it's ok to DO stuff, but you better not LIE about it - specially when there's EVIDENCE.

Poor girl.;);););)

excon
    Moose puckey. The last I heard, Wooten was still on the job, even though he probably shouldn't be.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 10:38 AM

She is adorable, but she is stupid.

Her *whole state* Alaska has about the same population as Barack Obama's Hyde Park state senate district had, but, she governs mostly wilderness yokels. :D
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Hello Gal:

You need to keep up. Wooten has a job. Monegan doesn't. He was pressured to fire Wooten and wouldn't/couldn't. A BI partisan report from a board made up of 6 Republicans and 4 Democrats concluded that she's guilty of abusing her power. She could be impeached!

Go ahead, spin this one.

excon

Oct 11, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Hello Gal:

You need to keep up. Wooten has a job. Monegan doesn't. He was pressured to fire Wooten and wouldn't/couldn't. A BI partisan report from a board made up of 6 Republicans and 4 Democrats concluded that she's guilty of abusing her power. She could be impeached!

Go ahead, spin this one.

excon
    Unless I have been badly informed, a governor can fire ANY appointed official for ANY reason whatever. Appointed people serve at the pleasure of the person who appointed them.

I don't doubt she has some Republican enemies.
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Hello again, Gal:

Good throw, but you missed.

She didn't abuse her powers by firing him. The report says she knowingly “permitted Todd Palin to use the governor's office and the resources of the governor's office, including access to state employees, to continue to contact subordinate state employees in an effort to find some way to get Trooper Wooten fired.” She was pursing a PERSONAL agenda, and that's against the law.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Excuse me, but I spent a great deal of time reading the report and the conclusion was her "abuse of power" was that she 'engaged in "official action" by her inaction if not her active participation.' What kind of wishy-washy BS is that?

As for firing Monegan he found that not firing Wooten was "not the sole reason" but "likely a contributing factor" though it was a "proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority." I'm sure the last straw was when Monegan delivered a photo of a trooper "on the eve of the 2008 annual Police Memorial Day ceremony" to be signed by her and used as a poster to be placed in trooper stations around the state. The @#$! Photo was of Wooten!! Knowing the sensitivity here what kind of idiot would do that?

Needless to say, it goes on to list numerous examples of her dissatisfaction with Monegan's performance having nothing to do with Wooten.

Now here's where it gets good, ex. The recommendations for action consisted of establishing better guidelines for obtaining medical records of a state employee and to "consider amending AS 39.25.080 to permit those who file complaints against peace officers to receive some feedback about the status and outcome of their complaint."

That's it. That's some "criminal" activity and a darned serious reprimand, make it easier for someone with a complaint to get feedback so the next frustrated family who was threatened by a peace officer - in this case Palin's dad being told he would "eat a f'ing lead bullet" - would find better cooperation with the state.
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Hello:

I did not write the word "ALLEDGEDLY". If i did use that word, i would have spelled it correctly.

Don't edit my posts again, if you want me to stick around here!!

excon

Oct 11, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    She is adorable, but she is stupid.

Her *whole state* Alaska has about the same population as Barack Obama's Hyde Park state senate district had, but, she governs mostly wilderness yokels. :D
    Y'know what? If I lived in Alaska I would be HIGHLY offended at your supercilious, elitist, look down your nose attitude that anyone who lives outside some megapolis is stupid and ignorant!
    You should be ashamed!
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 05:36 PM

Stupid people are dangerous if they have power in a democracy. Our Republic can survive only if the electorate and leaders are intelligent and reasonably honest!

Look at the damage that that moron George Bush did to our Country. His supporters are uneducated, superstitious folks who were easily manipulated. :)

Incidentally, I'm not ashamed of anything I say because I speak what is true, and I'm fighting with liars and folks who distort what is real in almost everything they say. :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    she governs mostly wilderness yokels. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    Y'know what? If I lived in Alaska I would be HIGHLY offended at your supercilious, elitist, look down your nose attitude that anyone who lives outside some megapolis is stupid and ignorant!
    You should be ashamed!
    And as someone who DID live in Alaska, primarily WASILLA, I am offended. During my time there I learned that the majority of people in AK are transplants from the Lower 48. We were doctors, nurses (one of the highest paid in the country), engineers... shall I go on?

And I agree with Gal... you should be ashamed. Choux, have you ever visited Alaska? Have you ever experienced the kind of community and spirit of kindness that Alaska shows all of it's residents? No, of course you haven't. You haven't been in a position to be thousands of miles away from your family when a tragedy strikes and the entire community comes together to make sure you can make it back to the Lower 48 for the funeral at no cost to you. I have.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 05:49 PM

Go pick on someone else, and ANSWER EXCON'S question.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Hello:

I DID NOT WRITE THE WORD "ALLEDGEDLY". IF I DID USE THAT WORD, I WOULD HAVE SPELLED IT CORRECTLY.

DON'T EDIT MY POSTS AGAIN, IF YOU WANT ME TO STICK AROUND HERE!!!

excon
    Exy, it was not I who edited your title. However, I CAN tell you that only the title was edited to add the misspelled word. No other posts have been edited.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 06:57 PM

Discussion thread, not boxing match, heavens, will this election never be over.

Thread closed, it was never really discussed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Olbermann gives Palin the smackdown [ 47 Answers ]

msnbc.com Video Player People who live in glass houses...

Someone Get Palin a WORLD map! [ 3 Answers ]

AH, Um, hmmmm well, yeah... I am at a loss for words. Tales from the Trail » Blog Archive » In slip up, Palin calls Afghanistan “our neighboring country” | Blogs | Reuters.com

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

Did McCain VP Palin Know? [ 4 Answers ]

I find it hard to believe that McCain VP Palin didn't know about her daughters pregnacny till after she was nominated as VP. Do you think she knew? Is the father being force to get married. Tell me what you think

Bristol Palin Pregnant Right Now [ 13 Answers ]

Bristol Palin pregnant -- right now - First Read - msnbc.com

View more questions Search