Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlie fay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Is it time to split up ?
    I've been with my husband for 12 years and married 8. The last 3 years have been very difficult he is drinking every day and has become abusive and violent , he has taken overdoses smashed our home up and accusses me of sleeping with every male friend I have . He used to be such a placid man now I don't no if we should split up or work it through
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 12:13 PM

You two can't work it through until he quits drinking, in other words, you both seek counselling to help him quit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 12:34 PM

If he has been physcially abusive to you, that was the day you needed to have walked out.

If he is smashing things up in the home, get out. It is possible that after you get out, he can get counseling but you need to protect yourself above all else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Window ac or split ac. [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a good ac in my bedroom. Right now I am having 1.5 ton window ac installed but it consumes around 10.5 amp, so now its time for me to decide between split ac or window ac? Which would be preferable... my bedroom is about 200 sq feet. So kindly let me know please..

I'm in a split. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in a 5/6 split ad I want to be in a normal 6th grade class. I think I won't be iclude in anyway of the 6th grade stuff. Help, cause I fell like a 5th grader still. And I am going to for the rest for the year. Help!! :eek:

Just split up [ 8 Answers ]

So, me and my girlfriend broke up on the Monday just passed (she broke up with me) Her reasons being were as follows: 1. Her father was becoming too strict on how much I could go up to her house and see her, and last Saturday totally banned me from going up to her house to see her after peeking...

Split up? [ 10 Answers ]

My partner and I split up approx 2 months ago after being together for 5 years, we have a 14 month old little boy together. One of the main reasons we splilt up was because he went out on weekends quite abit when we were together and didn't come home till early hours of the next morning, I use to...

Split up [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I slit up two months ago. Now I do still love her and I do mean that its not a crush or anything like that . Basally I covered up the truth about who I was in the past and what I used to do for a living I wanted for her to take me for who I am today she said she needed time and...

View more questions Search