Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 10:01 AM
    John McCain Scolds Radical Right Wing Supporter
    Last night, John McCain *scolded* a radical right wing woman who accused Obama of being an Arab and "scaring her".

McCain and Palin are drawing audiences who are predominately from the radical right wing haters, not regular independents and republicans. They are an angry mob and nothing more. They come to be riled up and shout obsenities from the audience to the speaker's hatemongering... HE'S A TERRORIST, KILL HIM, and other terrible comments.

Well, McCain's and Palin's hatemongering is scaring me. America is a country with a history of assassination and we have millions of right wing haters just waiting for the green light to act on their evil feelings.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 11, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    Last night, John McCain *scolded* a radical right wing woman who accused Obama of being an Arab and "scaring her".

McCain and Palin are drawing audiences who are predominately from the radical right wing haters, not regular independents and republicans. They come to be riled up and shout obsenities from the audience to the speaker's hatemongering....HE'S A TERRORIST, KILL HIM, and other terrible comments.

Well, McCain's and Palin's hatemongering is scaring me. America is a country with a history of assassination and we have millions of right wing haters just waiting for the green light to act on their evil feelings.
    Where are you coming up with this mis-information?
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 10:27 AM

I watch it happening LIVE on cable television.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Hello Choux:

Well, he didn't SCOLD her when she said Obama was an Arab. He politely corrected her. Gal, you should be happy that he showed some character.

I guess his smear tactics were working too good. Plus, the town hall structure was BOUND to bring this question to him, and it did. To his credit, McCain stood up, and in the process, hoisted himself up on his own petard..

Poor John.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 10:47 AM

Ex I, too, was so glad to see him show some of his former self as a guy with character... but he has fallen so far in his screwy Presidential Campaign. Fallen to a rable rouser for radical right wing haters.

Maybe he can redeem himself after the election by helping Obama in the banking crisis and the stock market crash.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 07:18 AM

For years the left has been ranting and railing against the right, threatening to "take to the streets", and actually taking it to the streets in angry protests .No one was very much concerned about their rhetoric or tone. There were more than one play or movie as an example that had a central theme as the assassination of President Bush .More than one comparison of President Bush to terrorists or Hitler etc.

Now the right started to get angry and the left now thinks anger is bad? Lol McCain did the right thing perhaps but do you think Obama and the Obots will force their followers to tone it down also ? I kind of doubt it. For every attendee at a McCain rally that goes over the top I can find hundreds of over the top comments almost daily just on the Daily Kooks blog.

And how about actual acts of violence or destruction ?

At 1:43am on Saturday morning, Portland Fire & Rescue's Investigators arrested two people. They burned a campaign sign of McCain using Molotov cocktails, located at 7956 SE 17th Ave. causing only minimal damage. After a thorough interview and investigation of the case, they were both charged for:

Manufacturing of a destructive device
    Possession of a destructive device

Both were charged with four counts for each felony offense, for a total of eight charges for each, and one was charged with reckless burning.
    Internet Information Network=

Vandals spray-painted the words “Republican means slavery” on the door of the York County GOP campaign headquarters overnight Friday.
    Party volunteers called police after discovering the message when they arrived at the office on Rock Hill's Oakland Avenue. The vandals also stole about 45 candidate signs from the front yard and spray-painted over a banner that carried a picture of Republican presidential nominee John McCain. Their messages included lettering and symbols sometimes used by gangs.
    The Herald | HeraldOnline.com - Vandals strike York County GOP headquarters - Rock Hill, SC

Or will Obama tone down his rhetoric ?

"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors," ..."I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face."

Or perhaps tell officials who support him that the Alien and Sedition Act is long ago defunct .
    In September, St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch and St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce warned citizens that they would bring criminal libel prosecutions against anyone who made statements against Obama that were "false."
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 07:46 AM
    The McCain / Palin mob:

Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 07:56 AM

YouTube - Liberal Outrage: A Pro-McCain March In Manhattan
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Speaking of ugly politics

Politics in Canada turn ugly - and dangerous - International Herald Tribune
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Hello tom:

I don't know. I musta missed the Obama supporter calling for McCain to be killed. I didn't hear 'em calling McCain any inflamitory names, either. Oh, there was booing... but booing and calling for his death ain't the same. To bad it IS to YOU, tom.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 08:19 AM

Clearly you did not read the 1st paragraph I wrote. I guess it is OK to say those things about a sitting President ?
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 10:47 AM
    From the great Victor Davis Hanson

A couple of thoughts: the George Bush, Sr. / Willie Horton campaign was far tougher; so were the Bush 2000/2004 efforts. If anything, McCain's campaign is subdued in comparison to what we've seen on both sides in past years.

Obama and his surrogates have repeatedly engaged in racial politics (as Bill Clinton lamented when in fury he denounced the "race card"). When there was never evidence that McCain was using race as a wedge issue, it was clear Obama most surely was--preemptively, on at least two occasions--warning Americans he would soon be the victim of opposition racial stereotyping.
    His surrogates like Biden and those in the Senate continue to link legitimate worries about Obama's past with racism. Second, for about 3 months all we've heard are references to McCain's age, with adjectives and phrases like confused, can't remember any more, disturbed, lost his bearings, etc.
    Moreover, so far, McCain supporters have not broken into Biden's email, or accused Biden of being a Nazi, or accused anyone of not bearing one of their own children, or photo-shopped grotesque pictures of Obama on the Internet (as in the Atlantic magazine case). I don't think deranged McCain supporters in Hollywood or television almost daily are quoted as damning Obama in unusually crude terms. Nor are white racist ministers calling McCain a 'messiah' or McCain operatives fraudulently swarming voter registration centers. And on and on.

Obama, as I have said ad nauseam, has brilliantly prepped the battlefield to such a degree that a Farrakhan endorsement or surrogates calling Palin a quasi-Nazi or a bimbo, or smearing McCain as near senile is irrelevant; yet one screamer in a crowd of tens of thousands is proof of McCain's and Palin's racism and hatred.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ping_ship.html
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Hanson is right. The hypocrisy is completely lost on the left, it's the crowd that can complain about this alleged threat to kill Obama with a suggestion to lynch the guy, "This man should NOT be prosecuted...He should be grabbed and dropped in the middle of Compton at hign noon with a sign around his neck explaining what he said."

Ex, these are the people that can respond to "boos" from the crowd with "it reminded me of - the scene from "Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou?". The scene was a KKK rally in which they were ready to hang a black man."

These are the same people that complain of "messages filled with hate," fear-mongering, race baiting, bigotry, "a cancer, so reminiscent of the 60's race wars," and yet celebrate the unhinged Sandra Bernhard's message as "in the end, oddly and subtly... positive."

In fact, the play wears its politically VERY correct heart on its sleeve with its indictment of America as "A Man’s World, It’s a White Man’s World, It’s a F–ked Up White Man’s Racist World" and can only be suggested to be racist in its content if one is hell-bent on protecting White Folk for Sandra’s blistering indictment. When Sandra warns Sarah Palin not to come into Manhattan lest she get gang-raped by some of Sandra’s big black brothers, she’s being provocative, combative, humorous, and yes, let’s allow, disgusting.
    This is the same crowd that can call Madonna "amazing" for showing "images of destruction, global warming, Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler, Zimbabwe's authoritarian President Robert Mugabe - and the presumptive Republican presidential nominee" at a concert...while of course showing a sequence with "slain Beatle John Lennon, climate activist Al Gore, Mahatma Gandhi and finally Barack Obama" as the crowd goes wild.

This selective outrage is appalling.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 13, 2008, 04:43 PM

Can anyone say for SURE that those isolated idiots screaming are NOT Obama plants?? That would be typical of the Democrat play book.

You are right about one thing though. There is a lot of anger out here, and it is directed against news agencies that have prostituted themselves to the liberal cause and can no longer even tell the difference between truth and fiction. There is no such thing with them as objectivity. They should be openly on the payroll of the Democrat party.
    There are a few who still give some balance but they are vastly outnumbered.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Is the media reporting on Obama supporters wearing these shirts? Are you Obama supporters here going to have as much outrage over this as one guy at a McCain rally?

Or how about this Halloween display portraying McCain as a klansman chasing Obama? Where's the outrage?

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Is the media reporting on Obama supporters wearing these shirts? Are you Obama supporters here going to have as much outrage over this as one guy at a McCain rally?
    That word shouldn't't bother you - that's what McCain calls his own wife.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 14, 2008, 03:47 PM

McCain finally showed some fortitude by grabbing the microphone and shutting up one his many racist supporters. That whole week the McCain campaign had surrogates setup on stops and positioned with timely outbursts to stimulate a pep rally effect.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post
    McCain finally showed some fortitude by grabbing the microphone and shutting up one his many racist supporters. That whole week the McCain campaign had surrogates setup on stops and positioned with timely outbursts to stimulate a pep rally effect.
    And your proof is what?
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That word shouldn't't bother you - that's what McCain calls his own wife.
    Try making sense, NK.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 14, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    And your proof is what?

We just discussed the older woman that didn't like Obama because she thought he was an Arab. Pull your head out. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think the NRA will endorse John McCain [ 5 Answers ]

I am waiting to see if they do. There is a bunch of Obama rhetoric on their website but I don't see any about McCain. He is not any better than Obama is when it comes to guns. He has sponsored anti gun legislation in the past. He received a failing grade from the Gun Owners of America, as did...

John McCain - dufus? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: Last night, the maverick surprised everybody with ANOTHER $300 BILLION spending program to bail out homeowners in foreclosure. How's that sitting with you? excon

John McCain speaking on Hillary. [ 3 Answers ]

Notice that it was a female supporter who brought up the question. Wow! YouTube - "How Do We Beat the " Extended Version

John Wayne McCain is the man! [ 46 Answers ]

OK! Now we are getting somewhere! I have not warmed up to any of the presidential candidates. I just don't like any of them. Well except Ron Paul of course. But, I think John Wayne McCain just changed all that for me. John Wayne McCain can slip up, while running his mouth and tell the truth while...

John McCain [ 28 Answers ]

6401 This thread is hereby established as a place to post POSITIVE attributes that apply to this canadate. Things that you find about this canadate that are positive. Due to all the negative press and mudslinging, having a place to come to post and read positive issues that apply to the...

View more questions Search