Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slk1silk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Getting rid of 4" concrete
    Hello there People,

I wish to remove the 4" base of concrete in my second floor bathroom of my 1905 home. I need to verify any leaking from any of the bathroom fixtures. I cannot come up from the 1st floor ceiling because I have a 2-year lease tenant. They are at work a great deal, but not enough for that to be accomplished. I am a female and I will be doing this on my own and would appreciate any information anyone is willing to offer. Thanks so very much.

Fabulous Fall to All!
    Ree ;) :D
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Oct 11, 2008, 08:59 AM

So what is it it that your trying to do? Sorry your question is confusing, why do you need to remove the concrete?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 06:53 AM
    SLK1SILK...

I doubt you have a 4" concrete floor on second floor....maybe 2", but have never seen a 4" floor.

Like MK said... can you tell us exactly why and what you are trying to accomplish?

Not clear here... ;)

Thanks... MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stumped on hooking up shower pan to 4" cast-iron-in-concrete floor drain? [ 7 Answers ]

I ripped out the shower pan because water got under it and rotted some shims. This happened because the shower's 2" drain fitting was just loosely dumping the water into the 4" drain. I need to hook a shower pan to what looks like just a 4" cast iron floor drain. There is no flange or bell. I...

Connecting to 2" shower drain raiser in concrete [ 2 Answers ]

We are remodeling our basement bathroom and would like to install a new shower where one previously stood. The pan lines up exactly with the raiser. The problem is that at some point the raiser appears to have broken off an inch or so below the surface level of the concrete floor. It looks to be a...

Unwanted raised 4" concrete slab bathroom floor [ 4 Answers ]

Our home is built on slab with an extra 4" slab at one end of our bedroom upon which sets our bathroom vanity area and toilet. The entire vanity area is open to the bedroom. You walk down into a large shower area shared by the toilet, which has a door. We wish to remove this raised slab area to...

I only have enough room for a 2 3/4" concrete poor. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I Was wondering if 2 3/4" of concrete is enough to poor over my shower vent in my basement? Due to poor placement of the main sewerline that sevices my home (right underneith my shower P trap) I have been unable to get more than 2 3/4" bellow the finished floor with my vent. The vent pipe...

Broken Concrete trap "Drainage Pipe" [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a house with a unfinished basement bath. I have since decided to finish the bathroom but have ran into a bit of a problem. The previous owners set all of the drains up and I have since found a large hole in the trap of a secondary drain that drains into the main. To explain it...

View more questions Search