Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sueinpa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Writ of execution in pa
    I live in pa . Found out bank acct is frozen. Fortuantely there is only 54 cents in it. Received writ of execution in the mail.. owe 1300. To collection agency. I make 14000.00 per year. Cannot afford attorney. My question is can they take my ten yr old car etc.. I spoke to an attorney over the phone and he said they can. I don't understand why they would spend the money on a little guy like me who obviously has no pot to pee in... get. Any feedback would be helpful. Ps attorney over phone is bankruptcy attorney who files for 1500. Should I sit tight until tax refund time and then pay him with my tax refund to file for bankruptcy?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 06:23 AM

Let me see pay an attorney 1500 to get rid of a 1300 debt,? Am I missing something.

Unless you owe a lot more money to a lot more people, you would not even qualify for bankruptcy with that little debt and your income.

What about a second job, working the grill at a fast food, or pickup cans off the side of the road.. or even why when you got your tax refund this last year did you not pay this debt
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 11, 2008, 06:24 AM

They have a judgement against you. With that judgement they should be able to attach assets. Will they attach a 10 yr old car? Unlikely!

But they can garnish your salary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm from pgh pa and got a writ of execution letter with a form for an appeal in the mail and now my accts. Are frozen how long do I got until my money in my accts. Will be gone thanks for all your help

Writ of execution [ 7 Answers ]

1) Is there a way to find out if a writ of execution was submitted to withdraw money from bank account? 2) I want to withdraw money from my 401 k to pay some debt down, if there is a writ can they touch that money ?

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

Collection agency for a credit card sued and won the judgement. Writ of execution has been filed. Do not own any type of property and house is a rental. Question is: can my vehicle be taken away even though I don't own it, it is financed, the lienholder has the title. I understand about where...

Writ of Execution [ 15 Answers ]

I have a small claims that went into a default judgement. A friend of mine was sueing me for $400.00... and at the end since I missed the court date I ended up owing him $1674.64. Ok so there was a default judgement placed. I received a letter from the Sheriff regarding the Writ to Execute. So I...

View more questions Search