Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Oct 10, 2008, 08:05 PM
    God's stance
    What does God say about love and relationships. Why does he allow people to get hurt and heartbroken,even if they pray about a particular relationship and/or love? Does God care about people being heartbroken at all?

I'm really looking for some relief becaue I am really hurting behind this feeling, and I don't understand God's stance on situations dealing with the heart.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia View Post
    What does God say about love and relationships. Why does he allow people to get hurt and heartbroken,even if they pray about a particular relationship and/or love? Does God care about people being heartbroken at all?

I'm really looking for some relief becaue I am really hurting behind this feeling, and I don't understand God's stance on situations dealing with the heart.
    Judith 8 23 So Isaac, so Jacob, so Moses, and all that have pleased God, passed through many tribulations, remaining faithful.

All who suffer are children of God if they but suffer with Him and offer their suffering for the Church:

Romans 8 17 And if sons, heirs also; heirs indeed of God, and joint heirs with Christ: yet so, if we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him.

Hebrews 12 8 But if you be without chastisement, whereof all are made partakers, then are you bastards, and not sons.

Colossians 1 24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up those things that are wanting of the sufferings of Christ, in my flesh, for his body, which is the church:

Sincerely,

De Maria
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Oct 10, 2008, 09:02 PM

From one who has been heartbroken many times, it has always healed. It's not fun at all, but after time, you really stop thinking about it. Don't think this is the end, because there will be good relationships. One effect of a broken heart, is that it makes me realize god is the only one who stays around. If I don't ever have anyone, I'll always have god.
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Oct 11, 2008, 12:18 AM

I think that the most important problem in relationships is that we do not allow God to match us .Most of the times we think that we know better and maybe being heartbroken is a way to find out that we do not know better.
    Does God care about people being heartbroken at all? Does a father care about his child? As a father I say to you , I would die for my child and if I , a twisted man can do that , why is it hard for us to see that God at least cares about us?
    If you trust Him , He will give you more than you wish!
    I 've been there , I know!!
    revdrgade Posts: 162, Reputation: 37

Oct 12, 2008, 04:34 PM
    God is all for the kind of love which is not going to break anyone's heart. But He is not going to control people so that they "have to" make good choices.

He will lead us into right relationships IF we seek His will before getting involved with another. Knowing His will is to be a part of our prayers:

1 John 5:13-15
    14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will , he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us — whatever we ask — we know that we have what we asked of him.
    NIV

That "confidence" comes as we work in having a close enough relationship with God to recognize what His will is within our hearts (that we are being obedient to His word) and we recognize His voice.
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Oct 13, 2008, 08:18 AM

Thanks for all the advice. I just have one question. Will God take away a blessing from you if you backslide a few times? If God has chosen a soulmate for you, will he take them away if you slip up a few times? And if so, is there anyway to fix it if you repent and start back on the right path. Will God give you back the blessing or that particular person, or does he just take it away altogether.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 09:01 AM

Wow, we are so confused about who God is and what he is like. We are living under God's grace right now. He isn't waiting for us to slip up so he can take away a blessing nor can we earn his favor.. it is already given to us if we know Jesus as our savior.

I can only say from my experience that God who loves me has had to chastise me a few times in my life. Was it hard.. sometimes. It wasn't FUN either but it was only to get my attention and to turn me around in the right direction.

Now, there have been times when I have stepped out of his protection and done my own thing and because of that.. I have had my heart broken or have caused other problems in my life. But HE didn't cause them and the second I took steps in the right direction, he was there waiting for me and saw me through any cirucmstance that was painful for the moment.

I do not believe that God takes away blessings until you get your act together.. that isn't the way he works.
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Oct 15, 2008, 05:14 AM

Yes, all great answers here, and just to add a little to it... Sometimes we forget that even God Himself is not free from heartache. He hurts for those who turn away from Him, He gets hurt when we sin, He hurts when someone dies without accepting His offer of salvation, He hurts when someone refuses Him over and over again, He also hurts when we hurt, the list goes on.

God is not without emotion, and as a matter of fact, that's where we get our emotions. This is part of what being made in His own image means. This is one of the many things that amazes me about the complexity of God. God is very much above us, but just the same, He is very much like us... and we like He. I think sometimes we forget how much God relates to us. It is because of how He relates to us that He helps us through heartache and shows us happiness again. And we give God happiness to when one accepts salvation, when we do good, when we help out another, again, the list goes on.

So not only does God care that our heart breaks, but His breaks right along with ours! We are the reason there is heartache in this world, but God is constantly working to rectify the mess we made, but until then we have a battle to fight, and people get hurt in battles. But we have comfort in knowing that through Jesus in the end we will live in great happiness for all eternity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ban on God's name! [ 27 Answers ]

Is it really true that the Catholic churches are now being instructed to ommit the divine name from all forms of service? If so, why? Does this also mean that any glass mossaics etc featuring YAHWEH will be replaced? Call me curious...

Bible stance on organ donation [ 8 Answers ]

What does the Bible say that may pertain to modern-day blood and organ donation? Is there any guidelines/rules as to what to do with a body after death? Is embalming wrong?

Is it God's Voice? [ 22 Answers ]

About 10 years ago my husband heard God tell him in a dream, "I have always been with you, I am with you now and will be with you the next 27 years of your life." My husband at the time was in his early twenties and had been taking care of his sick father for 6 years. He was going through a very...

Stance Punks [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get a stance punks cd? I live in the uk but don't mind having it shipped from elsewhere. I've found them on Amazon japan but I can't read it lol!

Rough Collie Puppy has funny stance! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice as I have fallen in love with a Rough Collie puppy which I dearly want to buy. I saw her this evening, she is 3 months old and appears to be in perfect health. Good teeth and gums, gorgeous coat, clean eyes and ears. She is active and playfull without...

View more questions Search