Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Telemarketing/ Business Calls
    I call americans from over here but I don't sell. I like my job only it's so frustrating (still) how rude some are and even hanging up without listening.

Are there any questions here "What to say" to telemarketers or other forms of from business correspondence from a reputable company you know?

People will keep calling you if you don't say the right word.

(DNC is not always the right answer.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 07:21 PM

Actually no, people will keep calling if you are not on the DNC list. That is often their job, some will call a few times a day, I know one company calls our office at least twice a day.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 07:48 PM

Our calls are audited so every word said by the person we're calling tells what we tag in the call. If the person on the other line immediately hung up, just rude and unclear what is meant or not even had a chance to introduce itself and the purpose, We just tag the call "callback" thus irritate more.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 07:51 PM

What's your reason for calling?
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 07:54 PM
    We check first if the household is on DNC list becfore calling. There's also 2 types of DNC: 1. DNC by a particular company 2. National DNC, means you won't get any call from any company be it important or not (unless... )
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What's your reason for calling?
    To remind about the vehicle's services due and get their complaint if there is, help them out. Were a lot thought to be selling warranty but we're not. I wonder who does that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 07:58 PM

Again I ask--what's your reason for calling?*
    *Sorry -- didn't see your reply until after I posted.

Are people expecting your call and don't understand what you are checking on? Maybe the beginning of your spiel needs improvement to avoid hangups.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 10, 2008, 09:22 PM

I worked for 3 different 'reputable' call centers. After 3 DNC's we were required to remove them from the calling list. However, if someone doesn't catch it, or if they want to be a jerk then they may not enter it. The best deal is if you nicely ask them to get a supervisor and have them enter a DNC. That is the only 99% sure way to get them to stop- unless you are on the National DNC list (you can do that on the internet)
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 06:07 PM

The one I work with just requires one DNC request. Calling supervisor isn't necessary since the agent can put the number in DNC manually himself but that helps calming the irrate person on the other line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telemarketing call today - worked great [ 7 Answers ]

An I guy with an Indian accent call me. They have been calling a lot so I got wise. Said my credit card was selected for a shopping spree. I asked him how the weather was in India. He said he wasn't in India. I knew that from caller ID. Then I asked him if he would respond to his offer....

Telemarketing Fraud? [ 9 Answers ]

OK, so I can admit it... I was duped by telemarketing fraud. It was a "community reading group" NOT! Since then, they have changed their name to, Mailbox Magazines. I quickly discovered it was fraud shortly after when I had to leave endless messages on an answering machine that no one returns...

Telemarketing [ 2 Answers ]

From a call center in India, can we call all the states in USA? If not, how does one get the licence, how much time it takes and what is the cost involved. Regards

E-mailing vs. Telemarketing [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, as some of you already may know, I am in ISP sales, here is my website: Rock River Internet: Best Local Internet Service Provider - ISP - Rockford, Illinois and I have a pretty good contact list, our primary business is local businesses and I have found that it is very hard to get the...

View more questions Search