Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Falcon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2004, 07:24 AM
    98 Golf Rear Door Panel
    I have a 1998 Volkswagen Golf 4 DR, the back speakers have stopped working on both sides, I switched one of the working front speakers into the back and it didn't work, this leads me to believe that it is in the wiring, I've heard that the connector on the Golf in the back door is usually the problem. I've attempted to remove the inside panel of the door but I can't seem to get it off, the only screws I can find are around the outside edge of the door but it still refuses to come off, does anyone know how to get the interior back door panel off? I think there may be some tabs or screws that I'm missing, my next step would be to remove the entire door off the car and see if that gives me access but I really don't want to do that.

Thanks,

Falcon
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 18, 2004, 10:33 AM
    Re: 98 Golf Rear Door Panel
    I hate having to take a door apart. Often once you take out what few screws you find, including any holding the arm rest on, you then pry loose springy clips. You are much less like to break something if you find a manual giving detail instructions, or somebody with the specific experience. The Chiltons and other books from the parts store may not have the detail, but you could check. Libraries are nicer about reading their books without buying them then the stores.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Professional golf [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following question dealing with professional golf. In tennis, men play the best of five sets and women play the best of three sets, but the winner of the men's tennis singles at the U.S.Open is paid the same as the winner of the women's singles. In contrast, in...

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Kenmore Ultra Wash with gunk in door panel [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash about 8 yrs old. Dishes come out cloudy and spotted. I see a lot of greasy gunk on the bottom edge of the door panel and it appears to be inside the little round, slotted part on the top of the door panel. Any suggestions?

Golf Course [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Could anyone tell me how many acres of land is required for a 18 hole golf course? Cheers MIS

View more questions Search