Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bball12587 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Suggestions.. portugal
    I've never been to Lisbon, Portugal and will be spending 5 weeks there.
    Anyoen have any suggestions sites to visit, places to go, things to do. Anything really.
    (include night llife if you could :-) )
    Also, anyone know if there are beaches near Lisbon?

THANKS
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 7, 2006, 04:45 PM
    Sorry I'm a bit late in answereing your post -- there is a train from Lisbon (Lisboa) almost hourly out to the east where you will be in the "Estoril". Trying to remember in sequence I think the first major beach is at Oeiras (about 15 minutes by train) then Cascavelos right through to Cascais. It's a while since I did it but the train from Lisbon all the way along the coast doesn't take an hour.

Lisbon is beautiful - like Rome built on hills - but personally I think Lisbon has the edge. I could spend hours describing it but I have found that descriptions are a waste of time - Like Rio de Janeiro - you have to have seen it to believe it.

The People??

I am a big big fan of "Fado" the portuguese national music, and on my first night in Lisbon I went in search of the Fado. Getting a lttle lost in the little narrow streets I asked a young couple for directions - they did NOT give me directions - but took me by the arm and led me - what seemed to me - half way across the city right into the centre of the "Alto" - pointed out the main places - then walked off in the direction they originally intended which appeared to be the opposite to where they had brought me.

Ze and Carla - muito prazer - I truly hope I meet you again and can return the favour.

Portugal is not just a country - it is a people - and the people mirror the beauty of their country. But please, please, PLEASE try to learn a few words in portuguese before you arrive - the trouble will be returned a thousand fold!!

I had better keep quiet now or there won't be any hotel vancancies the next tkme I go!!
    Bball12587 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
    Oh but I know Portuguese already so that will not be a problem.
    I am taking a Portuguese course there in order to perfect my writing and speaking capabilities, which is why I will be there for 5 weeks.
    (And I have not left yet so you are not late by any means)

Thank for you for your suggestions!
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 11, 2006, 02:25 PM
    Agora eu tenho ciúmes - 5 semanas them Lisboa!

Boa sorte com teu curso e um grande abração meu irmão (ou irmã)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Nationality - Portugal [ 3 Answers ]

I was born in Pakistan in 1963 and lived here all my life. My parents had come over from Goa before 1961 and were married in Pakistan. Both of them had Portugeese passports and had to cancel them in order to achieve Pakistani nationality probably in 1965. I am mentioned in one of my parents...

Any more suggestions [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't started anything to lighten my under arms. I have been reading all your experieces and greatly appreiate your input. I'm medium/dark tan skin and have pretty dark underarms, knees and inner thighs. This has always been an issue for me and have waited too long to do something about...

Need Some Suggestions [ 17 Answers ]

Well, My Problem Is My 9 Mth Old Daughter Will Not Sleep In Her Own Bed. She Will Not Sleep Anywhere Without Me! I Try To Put Her In Her Crib, But She Just Won't Go In There. She Thinks It Is For Playing In, And Not For Sleeping In. I Am Not A Big Fan Of Letting Her Cry It Out, But If That Is The...

Linux OS Suggestions [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I know there are a few Linux peeps out there, so I was wondering if they could help me choose a version of Linux to run on my PC. So far I've tried Gentoo, Suse 9, Red Hat 9 and Mandrake. Out of all of those, Mandrake is the only one I have got to work. Red Hat installed fine, but I...

View more questions Search