Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamaterbob Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Lawn Tractor deck to low
    My Troy Bilt 17.5 HP Lawn Tractor came back from the repair shop where the mechanic reinstalled the cutting deck too low. Where before on setting 5 I could clear rocks on my property I now hit them. How do I raise it? Also, now when I get up from the seat, even in neutral, the engine shuts off. I appreciate any help.
    Neilcathy67 Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2008, 07:33 AM

I don't know about the deck, I would bring back to the shop, but my troy has to have the park brake on, even in neutral or it shutoff

Oct 10, 2008, 07:52 AM

Even with the parking brake on it happens. I am just trying to keep from taking it back to that shop so I was trying to figure out how to do these things myself. .

Oct 10, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Thanks for the advice.
    dosey harper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 08:58 PM

I have a 1988 central park riding mower 18hp 42inch cutting deck I need bearings and the part that holds the blades on. Can you tell me where I can buy them? Or the complete deck .it has a 5 speed transmission

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing Deck Belt on Craftsmand Lawn Tractor II [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on a deck belt on my Craftman II riding lawn mower.

Craftsman Lawn tractor mower deck [ 10 Answers ]

I need instructions for installing mower deck on a 15.5 horse power craftsman lawn tractor model # 917.271061 Thank's

MTD lawn tractor deck is cockeyed and shredding belts. [ 4 Answers ]

How do I fix a 1999 MTD Lawn Tractor Deck model “F” that is uneven and shreds belts? The deck lift handle no longer smoothly raises and lowers. It seems to be hitting something. The deck on the deck left hand side does not lower all the way. On the opposite side it goes down nearly touching...

View more questions Search