Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desperatlybroke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Summary judgement hearing
    I just received a notice of hearing for a summary judgement but the date and time of the hearing have passed. Can I get this dismissed or something on the basis that the plaintiff failed to correctly notify me... help!
    Ace High Posts: 191, Reputation: 22

Oct 9, 2008, 06:53 PM

Obviously, you have been notified. It's against the law to ignore a notice. Go to the location on the address and ask how to rectify the situation. It can become bigger if you don't take care of it while it is still small -- Ace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summary Judgement [ 7 Answers ]

How much time do we have to respond to motion for summary Judgement?

Summary judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Can a law firm that has bought a credit debt list put two different accounts on a summary judgement? This company sent me a summons for an account that was paid in which I provided documentation. The attorney told me that case was settled and I was not told until I showed up for this hearing....

Summary judgement [ 1 Answers ]

What happens after a summary judgement in az

Summary judgement [ 1 Answers ]

What types of property are real?property?. in a summary judgement in the county of wake in North Carolina from a credit card co.can they take my house? what does the judge typically order? Thank you

Texas - Hearing on Motion for Summary Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued for credit card debt by a collections agency (Arrow Financial) that bought the debt. I showed up for the court appearance but they did not. Judge stated at the time that if the plaintiff did not show up she would rule in my favor. When they did not appear the judge nodded...

View more questions Search