Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 01:45 PM
    It's Official Now-Stock Market Crashes
    First, the credit markets seize up, and now the stock market crashes. Overseas, some banks are being nationalized and here bigwigs are talking about nationalizing some banks in America along with other plans to prop up our financial system from the economic panic in money circles.

So, **UNREGULATED** CAPITALISM with its BOOMS AND BUSTS looks very dangerous. We have seen this happen many times before in America... now, the outcome can be different because we know that the government has to rescue capitalism from itself in order to avoid a full blown depression.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 03:50 PM

did you jump out your window yet?
    I am patiently waiting. I see buying opportunities everywhere. Right now there are more undervalued companies than there were a year ago.
    .Let the Wall Streeters panic if they want to .This current bear market that is bottoming now would last less than a year if allowed to follow it's normal cycle. The only way it would last longer is panicked government action like bank takovers
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Choux, are you pro-choice? Should we have central planning over a woman's body or should she be free to decide where, when and how to do "business?"
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 9, 2008, 04:16 PM

Bush gets blamed for a situation that he tried to get congress to fix 2 years ago. That's smart!
    Quick lesson. If you were in Las Vegas would you be a high roller if you knew you were risking someone else's money and knew you could keep the winnings and if you lost it would be someone else's loss? SURE you would!
    If the government had stayed out of the process completely, none of this would have happened. Now it seems that it has to get involved.
    Should we suspect a conspiracy by the previous Democrat administrations to drive our economy totally into their hands??
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 10:20 PM

F
    Buy Ford!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 10:25 PM

I agree that the people that are outside wall street are making this entirely too big of a deal. Remember, it's panic that destroys markets due to people making a bank run and selling everything they have.

I trade on a day to day basis, and I don't see why people are bailing out right now. If you know what you're doing, and do some research, I see incredible buying opportunities.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 11:06 PM

That's right and don't forget, STOP LOSS!
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 02:15 AM

I trade on a day to day basis, and I don't see why people are bailing out right now. If you know what you're doing, and do some research, I see incredible buying opportunities.
    BINGO! Yesterdays drop was mostly automated stop loss orders that were triggered by computers at the end of the day. They should suspend that activity until the Wall Streeters do some time at Trinity Church to calm down.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 09:47 AM

This market goes down through there blowing out stops at light speed. If you do not determine how much you are willing to lose for a shot at the rally, stay out. If you catch the put or call without being blown out, it could be real sweet but mind you, this is only for those with strong hearts and minds.
    Stop Loss=GOOD.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 01:41 PM

So, some votes from folks who think a free falling stockmarket and a seized up credit market is a good thing??

This is radical Islam's fondest desire... their "Great Satan" destroys its economy and takes Europe with it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 03:37 PM

Yea, blame it on Islam. Meanwhile, I'm looking at Dec. call options on the Dow. I think we will still be here.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 03:47 PM

hmm...

a much needed market correction is seen as an Islamic plot.

m'kay.

I'm going to wait patiently in the corner, continue to dollar cost average, and hopefully snatch up a few rental properties.

so am I an evil person for being financially sound, secure, and having half a clue?

sure I'm ticked my 401k is down, but that's not all I'm banking on.

anyone who gauges financial security on the stock market is pretty one dimensional.

and islamic extremists aren't to blame for dumb loans, debts, and greedy decisions. Should the government bail out everyone in trouble? Well, no. sure, two steps forward and three steps back is still a step back.

there's plenty of blame to spread around... islamic extremists are way back in line.

like it or not, its going to take probably 2 years before we see level and an upward trend.

there are dues to pay, and those who depended on house values and stock markets for their security are learning a hard lesson.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 03:54 PM

Try to improve your reading comprehension folks... I said that this economic collapse we brought on ourselves MAKES JIHADIST VERY HAPPY. :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 04:03 PM

I love how you ALWAYS blame other's incorrect reading comprehension on the posts that follow yours.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 04:12 PM

When they are waaay out in left field, I do. :) Read my post again for *real content*.

If you weren't so angry with me over nothing, you could read my comments rationally and understand what I'm saying. Cool off! :)

Mary Sue

15 years in banking
    4 years as a stockbroker
    2 years as a real estate salesperson
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 08:35 PM

Well, if I, by some error in judgement, made JIHADIST VERY HAPPY, don't worry. I'm sure I'll piss them off tomorrow. I just have a knack for it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 03:06 AM

AQ in their caves in Pakistan dodging Predator missiles sure are popping the champagne over a bubble correction!!

I'll repost my reply to your other posting here .

I think you forget that Wall Street chicken-littles are not a real picture of America.Markets never act rationally.Those clowns are just going to have to cut back on their $4 lattes and sushi lunches and brown bag it for a while like the rest of America.
    There were hundreds of bank closures in the 1980s and there has only been a handful so far in this downturn.
    I go by the facts. So far the unemployment rate remains steady .The Chicago PMI (manufacturing data)is steady although factory orders were slightly down.The last consumer confidence report was OK . There is a rapid decrease in the price of oil .IBM posted positive earnings.

Look at Warren Buffet. He is on a buying binge on the market. He just announced that he was going to purchase $3 Billion of preferred GE stock. Before that he invested $5 Billion in Goldman Sachs .I read a real estate investors report that said the spring of 2009 will be the time to jump into new real estate investments. That says to me that the recession will last a year ,maybe less before recovery begins.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 12:51 PM

The stock market crash is a reaction of the collapse of the banking system, tom.

Banking system collapse is due to poor regulation and oversight.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 09:33 AM

Choux,
    Hypothetically even if I was a "jihadist",there is more worry than glee when something happens to any nation around the world.

1-Because I happen to have family & friends either studying,working or just plain living in almost all parts of the world.
    2-If something terrible was happening somewhere in the world whether it is financial,weather or human destruction,it means that those of us depending on any of these countries is going to suffer in one way or another.

Just wanted to add my thoughts for what they are worth.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 18, 2008, 11:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    The stock market crash is a reaction of the collapse of the banking system, tom.

Banking system collapse is due to poor regulation and oversight.

Notice that it is the GOP that is calling for more regulation and oversight of the GSEs,Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 2004 - but the Dems opposed this. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stock Market [ 4 Answers ]

If there is a ten thousand dollar investment and a stock goes from $65 per share to say $70 per share, how much was approximately made?

Stock market [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everybody, I am not new to stock market... But, I am new when it comes to execute it... This is the first time, I planned to invest money... I have several questions.. Please answer if you knew. I am Indian citizen living in USA Temporarily. 1.Is it broker or banks through which I...

Confused about Stock Market [ 8 Answers ]

There's something about the stock market I don't understand. Take Howard Stern, when he went to Sirius Satellite Radio a few years back, Sirius made him a deal. If he could bring at least 10% of his regular radio fans to Sirius they'll give him stock options. He was able to bring a little bit...

Stock Market Trader [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im a 33 years old individual online-stocks trader. I love my profession and want it to become my life time career. What do I need to make this going good?

View more questions Search