Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dahewe Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Asking for money
    So where can a person go to actually find someone willing to donate their money to help them out?

I hope someday I will be in a position to do so. It seems most christians agree it is right to help the poor and needy but draw the line at giving them money.

After being divorced some 12 years ago and waiting for my youngest daughter to turn 18 I began to look for a mate. Someone to love and be loved by. I think it is everyone's wish. I prayed to find a woman who would love me as much as I loved her. I prayed to fall deeply in love- spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Maybe I prayed for too much? Not finding anyone in my surroundings I began searching on the web. I joined a singles group but was not attracted to any of them. Then I expanded my horizons and found a site called ** company deleted** . I was always attracted to asian women so I gave it a whirl. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I wanted to marry all of them. I prayed a lot. Finally after meeting several exceptional and wonderful women I met my present wife. She was everything I prayed and more. We were married August 10, 2006. Little did I realize how costly this marriage would be. She lives in the philippines. It is 2 years later and she is still there. We wish so much to be together but the problem is now the money. Unable to hire an immigration lawyer (due to the cost) I have been doing everything on my own. Now we are in the final stages. She must go to manila for her interview and medical examination. She lives in mindano the most southern island in the philippines while manila is in the most northern island. Anyway, the cost is far more than I ever imagined. I never thought much about it before we were married and had I realized or known how much it would cost I would never have entertained the idea. I am not a rich man. I am in love and married to an angel. We wish to be together and begin our married life. We need financial help. I have no friends or family members to turn to. I do not wish for material things. I wish to be with my wife and she wishes to be with me. Money keeps us apart. :(
    jambourrie Posts: 73, Reputation: 10

Oct 9, 2008, 12:29 PM

Would it be less hassle and cheaper to move there?
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Oct 20, 2008, 05:25 PM

That's unfortunate, but how did you get into the situation to begin with?

You're probably going to have to get creative and look for options. It's one thing to give to the poor and needy, it's another for your situation, I imagine.

You might try to make yourself known, setup a fund on the internet explaining your story with an option to donate. Where there is a will there is a way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 05:57 PM

First how expensive?

Oct 21, 2008, 07:46 PM

Cost is not definite but at least $1000

Oct 21, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jambourrie View Post
    Would it be less hassle and cheaper to move there?
    Yes and I plan to do so but not until I retire
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 02:08 PM

My Bf is also an american that I met on the net.

Excuse me to nag a bit because this should have been thought very very well before and just not rush on things. How m,uch did you spend on wedding? $2000? Wedding here is sometimes show off. When money is tight, you should have married her in private ceremony and save the rest. Expect expenses when you marry a foreigner.Big expenses. Take what Wolfgangqpublic's advice and here are my tips to save:

1. Get a second job and ask your wife to do the same. If you're sending her money, STOP IT and just save. When you two for you got your 2nd job and paid, put it in a bank and think it doesn't exist.

2.Do you have a line for international calling? Cut it. Tell your wife to buy Sun Cellular Int'l sim (make sure that the signal first works). It only cost her P1 to text u and 10c per minute to call you.

3. To help her on your phone bills, go to www.aryty.com to send her minutes a.k.a load.

4. Use skype when you talk via computer instead of YM. 30-1hr in the computer every other day is enough (for her to save lil).

5. Lastly, Tell your wife to be brave and resourceful enough because you have been waiting so long . She must move to Manila where the embassy is located and be accesible. What did she finish in college? What doesn't she do for living? If she's really good in english, she can be hired next day in a call center, which pays really really good. Twice as the pay of school teachers. Maybe she just needs $450 to fly to over to Manila.

Best of luck.
    gracelly Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2009, 09:37 AM

Would like to add a little suggestion,Please be honest to her about your present situation,financially! I am sure,she can understand it and who knows, her family will also help her in some expenses to finish the embassy thing.
    That call center job is good.At least she will be earning while waiting for her departure to the US.
    Her family will gladly help her, knowing that she's already on that stage of getting her visa soon and eventually can come to the US where jobs are available.
    Good luck on both of you.
    peterwom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Try to use helpme service at http://www.qmpeople.com/helpme/ and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Who sings that song that goes "Money, Money, Money, Moneeeee?" [ 3 Answers ]

Who sings that song that goes "money, money money...moneeeeeeeeeeeey?"

View more questions Search