Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    njisamess Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Conflict of interest?
    I went to court today for a careless driving ticket in NJ( written at the scene at an accident). Where both partys were written tickets. I am pleading NOT GUILTY(I have a lawyer). I found out today that my lawyer is also representing the other party too. Can this be done?? I am a little concerned. The other party wasn't in court today(didn't show).
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 10:58 AM

You are facing the State and not the other guy in your reckless driving ticket so yes the lawyer can represent both of you. If you were sueing each other that would be a nother matter.
    njisamess Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 11:12 AM

Thanks... I just was FLOORED when I heard this... I do plan to sue this person in small claims court in the future(with no lawyer representation)...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 02:26 PM

Happens all the time in traffic court. Same lawyer for both people. Possibly he didn't have an accident report in front of him to realize that you/they were in the same accident together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if conflict of interest w/ lawyer? [ 8 Answers ]

I consulted with a lawyer march 14. I decided not to retain him and went to fight my case w/out a lawyer. Subsequently. April 4th the person I'm bringing claim against has retained another lawyer from the same firm I originally consulted with. That's clearly a conflict for the lawyer, who I suspect...

Conflict of Interest [ 3 Answers ]

:( I found conflict of interest in my son's court proceedings. What can be done?

Conflict of interest [ 1 Answers ]

My husband hired a lawyer for divorce where his sister works as a secretary. Is this a conflict of interest. If it is then what can I do about it.

COnflict of Interest [ 3 Answers ]

An attorney represented me in a bankruptcy and now the same attorney is representing my husband in our divorce. Is that a Conflict of Interest? I was the only one that signed on with him for the bankruptcy and the bankruptcy was only in my name. The way I look at it is that I am already is...

View more questions Search