Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    ex, you'll have to remind me exactly when Bush deliberately lied under oath about the firings. You know, just like Clinton deliberately lied under oath. That law seems fairly clear also, doesn't it?
    Hello again, Steve:

I got it, it's only a lie if you're under oath...

You should quit while you're ahead. Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

I got it, it's only a lie if you're under oath....

You should quit while you're ahead. Bwa, ha ha ha.
    No, a lie is a lie, but the subject was the courts and the law and I've stayed on topic. So what's the law? Did Bush perjure himself as Clinton did?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    No, a lie is a lie, but the subject was the courts and the law and I've stayed on topic. So what's the law? Did Bush perjure himself as Clinton did?
    I thought it was more in the "abuse of power" realm.

"There are certain powers a President legitimately holds. This is necessary in order for him to do his job. However, if the President uses those powers to stall investigation into corruption that may embarrass his own party or to otherwise compromise the judiciary, that is abuse of power."

Also: Inside Bush's prosecutor purge | Salon News

Former officials, legal scholars and U.S. lawmakers from both parties have publicly questioned the administration's stated rationale for the firings and have suggested troubling theories about the real reasons for the purge, which experts say is without precedent. Some former Justice Department officials say they believe the administration's moves are a politically driven power grab -- aimed not only at a tighter grip on policy from Washington, but also at creating openings with which to reward their friends and build up a bench of conservative loyalists positioned to serve in powerful posts in future administrations.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Oct 16, 2008, 08:57 AM

Off we go on a tangent:

This is what the Obama's campaign wants to divert attention away from his involvement with ACORN and VOTER FRAUD.

I don't know the legalities of these things, but I think VOTER FRAUD is worse than a fellatio on the side or Gonzo firing some opposing lawyers.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Acorn issue?
    You mean this? McCain at Acorn event

Or get the facts: http://fightthesmears.com/articles/20/acornrumor

This whole ACORN attack on the part of conservatives is another distraction, and red meat for disgruntled republican voters that just can't come to grips with the failure of their ideology.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 09:59 AM

Because McCain and ACORN agree on the ridiculous notions of open borders does not imply that he agrees with their attempt to steal the election for Obama.

ACORN is upset that he has abandoned his historic support after they are actively committing voter fraud on behalf of OBAMA against McCain ? Where is their loyalty ?

Fight the FACT forgot to mention the time that Obama was on their legal team when they were part of a lawsuit against Citibank ;pressuring the bank to loosen it's loan qualifications under the CRA .

It is a fact that Obama trained Chi-town ACORN operatives in the rules of Alinsky . According to ACORN, Obama trained its Chicago members in leadership seminars; in turn, ACORN volunteers worked on his campaigns. Obama also sat on the boards of the Woods Fund and Joyce Foundation, both of which poured money into ACORN's coffers.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Because McCain and ACORN agree on the rediculous notions
    How-To-Spell-Ridiculous.com - How to Spell Ridiculous

:D

Oct 16, 2008, 10:07 AM

NK;

From your 1st link , just a picture.

"sitting beside Florida Rep. Kendrick Meek at an event Acorn co-sponsored in Florida"

Unlike Obama, McCain's claim to fame is sacrifce for his country.

Unlike McCain, Obama's claim to fame is being a "community organizer" with ACORN.
    This is a major part of his resume, and what he and other people think makes him qualified to be POTUS????!!!

As to your 2nd link

User:Noroton/The case for including ACORN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"What you won't hear from this campaign or this party is the kind of politics that uses religion as a wedge, and patriotism as a bludgeon -- that sees our opponents not as competitors to challenge, but enemies to demonize." – Barack Obama, June 3, 2008
    Ben Smith's Blog - Politico.com

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

The Associated Press: Murtha: Western Pa. 'racist' but Obama should win

The working-class region is a key battleground in Pennsylvania. The area is struggling economically, and has a high percentage of veterans and elderly voters
    These are the folks Democratic Murtha calls "racists"

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008

It may be typical of the pro-Obama... crowd to disparage a fellow countryman's memory of war from the comfort of mom's basement, but most Americans have the humility and gratitude to respect and learn from the memories of men who suffered on behalf of others.

Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Wow, that last quote is a pathetic grasp at heartstrings. Nothing wrong with the Obama quotes though.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Hello again:

Not being a member of any party, I'm free to cast stones, and I do...

You scream about ACORN, but you're silent on voter caging... One is the lefts' attempt at manipulating elections. The other, the rights. Both sides do it - some more effectively than others...

I don't know why they think they should try to win the elections THAT way... But, politics is a dirty business.

Besides, I don't know why you're yellin so loud about ACORN. It doesn't matter matter how many people they fraudulently register, cause you guy's control the voting machines!!

Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon

Oct 16, 2008, 10:23 AM

Nothing wrong with Obama and the Dems, like Murtha, being hypocrites too. ;)

As to liberals viewing McCain's service to his country as "pathetic" is sadly typical and to be expected.

How far has the left taken the Democrats from the days of JFK :confused:

Would you view his service [ pt 109 ]

As

A pathetic grasp at heartstrings
    :eek: :confused:
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    As to liberals viewing McCain's service to his country as "pathetic" is sadly typical and to be expected.
    You are a horrible person to twist my words to your benefit. Truly horrible.
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 10:27 AM
    FBI is investigating ACORN
    Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud

On a related note :

In Ohio a reluctant State Att General has been ordered by court to verify 200,000 potentially fraudulent voter registrations that she tried to sit on and cover up . Nearly 1 of 3 of the "new" voter registrations don't match DMV or Social Security records but she is FIGHTING to not provide that information to the county Boards of Election.

As everyone recalls ,Ohio was the deciding state in the 2004 election.

Oct 16, 2008, 10:31 AM

NK:

Read over what you wrote on post 49

Am I a "horrible " person because I don't support Obama and believe every word he says?

;)

Oct 16, 2008, 10:32 AM

Sorry Tom for falling for the diversion away from Obama and ACORN
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 05:04 AM

Lol at least I know jobs is a 4 letter word.
    YouTube - Joe Biden Can't Count

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search