Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Oct 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr View Post
    Mostly, I'm enraged at the behavior of Obama's peers.

That, and his ability to lie in a heartbeat.

I don't trust him, not at all, and I'm also amazed at the number of Americans who do.

I loved his comment to the New York Times "if I watched Fox News, I wouldn't vote for me"!!

Since Fox News is the ONLY media to report the truth about him, that is a very profound statement.

One other question. We do not live in a democracy. We live in a Representative Democracy.

I understand voter fraud is a serious issue, but why make such a big deal out of it if the popular vote doesn't really matter anyway?

Don't get me wrong. I love the opportunity to slam the Dem's and Lib's, and we all know that they are behind this crap, but to make such a big fuss over this seems to be a bit of a waste of effort. Sure, it makes America look bad, but does it really matter in the process of electing our President?

That's a good line about the Fox Network. I may have to borrow that sometime. I wonder if FOX will have another text vote after the debate, similar to the kids American Idol format? Truly desperate, yet funny! And what about McCain's' prejudice supporters speaking out loudly at rallies (about Obama) saying, "kill him," or "he's a terrorist," or that "he's an Arab," does that sit well with you? I don't think it does, because you know better. I think what we are witnessing is the demise of the Pub Party and I expect a shift to the Libertarian Party for those truly conservative with more registered Independents over the next few years. Maybe even a split amongst high profile Pubs to form another party. What ever happened to the party of Reagan? It's gone bye-bye! This new generation of Pubs, thanks to the drug store cowboy "Dubya," and the self proclaimed maverick "McSame," have killed a once proud Republican party.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM View Post
    That's a good line about the Fox Network. I may have to borrow that sometime. I wonder if FOX will have another text vote after the debate, similar to the kids American Idol format?! Truly desperate, yet funny! And what about McCain's' prejudice supporters speaking out loudly at rallies (about Obama) saying, "kill him," or "he's a terrorist," or that "he's an Arab," does that sit well with you? I don't think it does, because you know better. I think what we are witnessing is the demise of the Pub Party and I expect a shift to the Libertarian Party for those truly conservative with more registered Independents over the next few years. Maybe even a split amongst high profile Pubs to form another party. What ever happened to the party of Reagan?! It's gone bye-bye! This new generation of Pubs, thanks to the drug store cowboy "Dubya," and the self proclaimed maverick "McSame," have killed a once proud Republican party.
    I don't agree at all with some of the idiots yelling from the crowd at the rally's.

I also don't agree that anything McCain or Palin has said is the cause of these idiots outbursts.

Statements of fact regarding Obama's ties to such radicals are just that, statements of fact.

He can't be honest, and admit his radical beliefs or ties, and expect to be elected as our President. So he has to dance around, not answer the questions, or if that doesn't work,
    He has to lie.

Lying is something he seems to have perfected.

Oct 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr View Post
    I don't agree at all with some of the idiots yelling from the crowd at the rally's.

I also don't agree that anything McCain or Palin has said is the cause of these idiots outbursts.

Statements of fact regarding Obama's ties to such radicals are just that, statements of fact.

He can't be honest, and admit his radical beliefs or ties, and expect to be elected as our President. So he has to dance around, not answer the questions, or if that doesn't work,
    he has to lie.

Lying is something he seems to have perfected.

The problem from a strategic campaigning view, is that most high ranking officials, both McCain and Obama in this case, have either known, or had associations with radicals and those viewed as extremist by the nominal public. The bottom line, are the candidates themselves guilty, not who they knew or know. If lying can be perfected, Obama can only admire McCain's experience.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 06:21 PM

It is beyond reasonable thought, to try to compare ANYONE as connected to McCain, as Ayers, Wright, Flager, or Resco are connected to Obama.

Tell me what radical, connected to McCain as closely as they are to Obama, is at or above any of these guys level when it comes to radical beliefs?

Who is McCain connected to that has bombed our own country?
    Who is McCain connected to that has uttered anything close to
    GD America? I could go on but, I think I've made my point.

Sorry, but, there really is no true comparison to any of these guys on the McCain list of CLOSE associates.

Oct 15, 2008, 08:06 PM

McCain in the debate tonight got his opportunity to confront Obama over Ayers. That silliness backfired. Obama straitened McCain out like green pine going through a new sawmill.

To answer your question G. Gordon Liddy is a close friend of John McCain. He's actually is a lot closer to McCain than Ayers is to Obama. Liddy has gone on record with his admiration of hitler saying he got strength from listening to his speeches. Liddy also said of the Federal Law enforcement to make sure to aim for their heads because they wear flak jackets. And BTW with the stock market dropping 733 points today, Wright's not the only one saying GD America.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 03:23 AM

The format did not allow for sufficient rebuttal to Obama's distortions of his alliances. McCain should've also mentioned Wright and Tony Rezko and did not hammer Obama hard enough on Ayers and Obama's long term ties with ACORN.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 03:29 AM
    So much for discussing the issues eh? Is that a republican tradition? Slam the person if you can't argue the issues?
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 03:32 AM

Why isn't the person the issue if his alliances are unsavory ?
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 03:33 AM
    By the way way

Belated Happy Thanksgiving and congratulations to Stephen Harper .
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Thanks. I actually voted Conservative wouldn't you know. :) The Liberals need a proper leader here.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Is that a republican tradition? Slam the person if you can't argue the issues?
    This is something you would ask? The centerpiece of Obama's campaign has been "we can't afford 4 more years of Bush." That isn't slamming the person? At least McCain finally said quite effectively that he wasn't Bush.

Speaking of issues now, what the heck did Obama mean by this?

I supported that effort to provide better guidance to the courts; John McCain opposed it.
    I thought the courts were supposed to be independent and separate, not "guided" by congress.

I also thought it was odd that Obama would tell parents to get their kids away from video games seeing as how he's the first ever to buy ads on ... video games.
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 04:31 AM

:) The Liberals need a proper leader here.
    You can have Obama :>
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 04:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    This is something you would ask? The centerpiece of Obama's campaign has been "we can't afford 4 more years of Bush." That isn't slamming the person?
    He was referring to the policies of George Bush of course. How did you interpret it?

Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    At least McCain finally said quite effectively that he wasn't Bush.
    No I don't think he was effective in dispelling that.

I thought the courts were supposed to be independent and separate, not "guided" by congress.
    You mean kind of like when Bush dismissed those attorneys?

Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Obama understand technology, that's why the literate technology savvy young people are overwhemingly in support of him.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 04:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You can have Obama :>
    Sure! But I suspect he'll be a little busy for at least the next four years.
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    He was referring to the policies of George Bush of course. How did you interpret it?
    You honestly think the Democrats have been linking McCain to Bush over policy? Nice try, NK, but the facts say otherwise.

Democrats hit Bush to attack McCain

A two-headed creature is stalking the Democratic convention, getting kicked and pummeled at every turn. “Bush-McCain” is not a political ticket, but a hyphenated target that Democrats have invented from necessity.

It’s much easier, they’ve found, to ridicule an unpopular president who stayed stateside during the Vietnam War than it is to criticize a former prisoner of war seen by many as a likable maverick. By morphing the two, they can smack one and hurt the other.
    Clinton Links McCain to Bush

Former U.S. presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is continuing her party's push to link Republican candidate John McCain with an unpopular President George Bush.
    Democrats' advice for Obama: Tie McCain to Bush

With John McCain gaining in the polls, Democrats have a short checklist for Barack Obama:Tie the Republican to an unpopular President Bush.
    MoveOn Links McCain to Bush (Again) in New Ad

Liberal advocacy group MoveOn.org will begin airing a new ad nationwide and in Arizona starting Tuesday that links expected Republican nominee John McCain to President Bush.

The ad aims for the funny bone, showing goofy images of McCain and Bush set to the lyrics of the “Patty Duke Show.” (Still they’re cousins/ Identical cousins and you’ll find/ They laugh alike, they walk alike/ At times they even talk alike.)
    No I don't think he was effective in dispelling that.
    Did I say effective? No, but it was a good first pitch.

You mean kind of like when Bush dismissed those attorneys?
    That was a really poor choice to prove your point: "United States Attorneys are subject to removal at the will of the President. See Parsons v. United States, 167 U.S. 324 (1897)." The law doesn't get any clearer than that, if our Supremes needs congress to explain it then we really are in a world of trouble.

Obama understand technology, that's why the literate technology savvy young people are overwhemingly in support of him.
    And that's why I asked why you would question slamming the person and avoiding the issue being a Republican tactic, you guys have perfected it. Whether it's through open, vile hatred like that I posted yesterday or subtle, condescending insults like this one of yours. And you avoided the issue, Obama wants parents to get their kids away from the video games - but by golly if they don't he wants to be sure and sell himself while they're playing.
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 07:34 AM
    ... or subtle, condescending insults like this one of yours.
    I made no such thing. Why are so delicate? You seem to get offended by everything.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 07:35 AM
    That was a really poor choice to prove your point: "United States Attorneys are subject to removal at the will of the President. See Parsons v. United States, 167 U.S. 324 (1897)." The law doesn't get any clearer than that, if our Supremes needs congress to explain it then we really are in a world of trouble.
    Hello Steve:

Actually it was a GREAT choice of words. And, YOU'RE correct. The president can fire 'em anytime he wants...

But, he can't LIE about it. THAT is why he's in trouble... THAT is why Gonzo is under investigation.

Kind of like you didn't care much about the blowjob, but you cared about the LYING. No?

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I made no such thing. Why are so delicate? You seem to get offended by everything.
    Offended and delicate? LOL, that was tame compared to most insults from you guys, but I do know a dig when I see one. "The literate technology savvy young people", as opposed to the illiterate, gun totin', bible thumpin' old bumpkins that support McCain.
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 08:38 AM

Ex, you'll have to remind me exactly when Bush deliberately lied under oath about the firings. You know, just like Clinton deliberately lied under oath. That law seems fairly clear also, doesn't it?
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 08:40 AM
    You best take your meds and put on your tinfoil hat - you are adding meaning when there is none.

When I stipulated that literate technology-savvy young people are overwhemingly supporting Obama that's what I meant. Stop causing trouble where there is none.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search