Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fathergolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Address is wrong on lease is it still binding.
    I have a business lease and due to financial issues I must vacate the property. The address for the space I lease is wrong, is it still binding?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 10:14 AM

Yes, a clerical error like this would not void a lease. If you just walked away from the building it would be up to the landlord to decide if he wanted to take you to court for lost rent, if he did he'd prevail.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 11:16 AM
    I agree. If it's just a clerical error, a judge would not allow that as a defense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this lease binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My family desperately needs to get our of our 1 year lease agreement. We are renting from a couple whose home was on the market for over a year, then they decided to rent it out. We were very desperate, I'm in the Army and had to report within a week, and still hadn't found a place at my new...

Do I have a binding lease ? [ 1 Answers ]

We have sent a signed lease with specific terms enclosed in the lease. A 15,000 dollar check was enclosed with the lease for security deposit. We have been giving keys. The lease shows 3000 sq foot available and the landlord is given 500 sq foot in the lease and we are to have 2500sq foot. Now the...

Is this lease legal and binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter signed a lease under false pretenses. (Washington State). The lease's last paragraph is as follows, BINDING EFFECT:This contract contains the entire agreement of the parties. The terms and conditions of this contract shall apply to and bind the parties, their heirs, successors,...

Are email commitments to lease binding if the lease has not been signed? [ 1 Answers ]

We have 2 emails from a rentor stating that they will take the property for the summer (like they have for the last 3 years) and that they are putting the lease and the check for the total rent amount in the mail. We then received an email saying they changed their minds. We never received the...

Is my lease still legally binding? [ 2 Answers ]

As of June 1 2006, my 1 year lease was up and I was to continue my rental agreement with a month to month lease following he fullfilment of this one year lease. As of July 1 2006 the rental property was taken over by a new property owner. I never signed any lease agreement with this new owner...

View more questions Search