Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justiceseeker Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 08:09 AM
    stock options -their postential value, is there public record
    My former spouse left his employer with 1800 shares of the company stock or stock options as part of a sign on arrangement. How does one determone what these were worth at the time of his terminationa dn is there a public record somewhere of this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Hello justice:

One is given stock options at a certain price. It may or may NOT have the price it was on the day the option was issued. But, I'll bet it'll be close.

I don't think there's a public record... But, if the stock is publicly traded, I can look it up. Give me the name of the stock and the date you're interested in. My charts go back 5 years.

excon

Oct 9, 2008, 10:02 AM

November 05 L3

If he got stock options was that a gift to him?
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Hello again, justice:

L3 Communications is trading at $89. Five years ago it was trading at $53. Like I said, my charts don't go back farther than 5 years. However, there's a good chance that the stock was trading even lower than $53 in 1995, so if you cashed 'em today, you'll do VERY WELL.

It probably wasn't a gift. Companies don't usually do that. It was most likely in exchange for his services, although he would know more about that than I would.

excon
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Hello again, j:

Did a little more research. L3 was trading BELOW $20 in May of '98. I can't seem to go back further than that.

excon

Oct 9, 2008, 11:24 AM

Thank you - he got them in November 2005
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Hello again:

I see that now. Don't know how I missed it. Anyway, in November of 05, the stock was trading around $75.

excon

Oct 9, 2008, 03:52 PM

Thank you very much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Deposition Public Record? [ 2 Answers ]

I was in on a deposition for a trial that will be heard in July. There was a court reporter present although the deposition took place in a private office, not in a court room, and the plaintiff was sworn in. It is real estate related. The plaintiff brought up and said some things that other...

Public record [ 1 Answers ]

I have a public record on my credit report. This was a landlord/tenant filing. We took care of this before the courts got involved. The landlord went to the court house and dismissed this judgement. However,it is still showing on my report as a negative. HELP... :confused:

Getting a Judgement off my public record [ 2 Answers ]

:( We are trying to get approved for a new trailer. Our title company did a search and found some judgments that we did not know we had. We have taken care of all but 1. This company has not responded to any of our inquiry's. It has been almost 2 months now and still nothing. This judgement was not...

View more questions Search