Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ash127 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Changing My Thesis Statement
    I am writing an essay on Cosmetic Surgery. For my thesis statement I want to cover these main points...

How people feel it is necessary to get cosmetic surgery but don't consider the risk involved.

Why people feel they need the surgery in the first place, to look acceptable to society.

The thesis statement I turned in to be checked was:

While there is a risk people go through a surgery, and go along with society to not like their personal look.

My teacher gave me feedback which was needed;saying it was too vague, and unclear- Which I see but I am having a hard time to revise it- Can you help?

Thanks,
    Ash
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 01:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ash127 View Post
    I am writing an essay on Cosmetic Surgery. For my thesis statement I want to cover these main points...

how people feel it is necessary to get cosmetic surgery but don't consider the risk involved.

why people feel they need the surgery in the first place, to look acceptable to society.

The thesis statement I turned in to be checked was:

While there is a risk people go through a surgery, and go along with society to not like their personal look.

My teacher gave me feedback which was needed;saying it was too vague, and unclear- Which I see but I am having a hard time to revise it- Can you help?

Thanks,
    Ash

Hi, Ash!

How about something like the following? Vanity and the need for people to feel accepted by society can often lead them to think impulsively without considering the risks involved with having cosmetic surgery.

Or, something along those lines...

Would you please let me know if that was helpful?

Thanks!
    ash127 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 01:17 PM

Thank you for your great response. This is a great thesis statement for my topic. Thank you for your efforts.

My teacher had a chance to work with me (which I did not expect) on the thesis and we created one together.

Thank you for your response. Keep me in mind for next time!

ASH
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 02:49 AM

Thanks! I'm glad that was helpful to you, Ash! Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thesis statement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is crystal and this is my first time asking a question. I need help with a thesis statement on The Great Irish Famine. Please help!

Thesis statement [ 2 Answers ]

I needa a help forming a thesis statement integrating the fall of the house of usher and dr jekyll and mr hyde.

Thesis statement [ 2 Answers ]

This is what I have to do: Discuss the characterization in the novel. Identify the protagonist and antagonist. Are the main characters round or flat? What are some of the main characteristics of the protagonist? Is he or she a sympathetic character? Organize your response so that you have a...

Thesis Statement [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to write a thesis on Lord of the Flies... Too many ideas!! I need a strong Thesis statement Thanks

Thesis Statement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a good thesis statement for a topic on green house effect?

View more questions Search