Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    upsetinohio28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 02:24 AM
    Custody of my 6 month old
    I was wondering if my ex boyfriend to whom I have a wonderful 6 month old child to, have any rights to my baby if he is not on the birth certificate and he hasn't done anything for the baby since she's been born. Will he be able to take her?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 05:35 AM

As of now no. But all he has to do is go to court and the judge will order a DNA test have the because changed and order support and visitation. Until he does he has no rights but you can't get support either.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2008, 08:16 AM

Only the LEGAL father has rights to a child. The legal father is the one listed on the birth certificate or adjudicated by a court.

So if he wants rights to the child he has to file in court for those rights at which time a paternity test will be ordered. If it comes back as positive, then he would be added to the because.

On the flip side, if you want to get child support, you would have to file in court and name him as the father. Again a paternity test will be ordered by the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have custody of my kids 1 month - do I have to pay child support for said month? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I live in separate states. In our divorce agreement, he gets custody of the kids 90% of the time and I do 10% of the time. This ends up being one month out of the summer that I get them. Am I obligated to pay him child support for this one month that I have them, and, if so, how...

Getting full custody of a 10 month old [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with the baby's father for 4 years. We have a 10 month old daughter that he takes care of financially but that's it. He does not want me to work because he makes enough money for me to stay home FT but I am only 22 and want a career to. He does not feed solids or give vitamins, he needs...

Is it common to have a 2 month notice to vacate on a month to month lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord require me to give a 2 months notice to vacate even though my lease is month to month? It was in the lease which was originally a 1 year lease which after the year, change to month to month. I can see giving 60 days with the year lease, but not on a month to month.

Custody of 6 month old [ 1 Answers ]

My sons father and I are no longer together and he recently got married to another person. His father and I had come to an agreement and a custody and child support situation. Since he is going to be in and out of deployment for the next 4 years I have primary physical custody and we have joing...

My ex has temorary legal custody of our 14 month old, how do I get her back? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex and I were never married, Im 19 and he will 42 this year. I was only 17 when I had her. Our relationship was never a good one, he was always drinking. He's got a lot of mental health issues. This past July he kicked me and my daughter out, changed the locks and got a restraining order against...

View more questions Search