Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funkyaod Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Process server at my house left without leaving anything
    Help I have beenaway on vacation and I come back and a process server came to my house my stepson told him I wasn't in and he left, and I have no idea what this is about, how do I find out if there is a court date, I live in Florida.

Thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 05:07 PM

Call the courthouse and ask the clerk to run your name in their computer system to see if you have any suits filed against you in both small claims court and superior court or circuit court or common pleas court (the latter depends on what state you reside in). They will tell you right over the phone.

The reason the process server didn't leave anything was due to the age of your step son being too young to accept service of the papers.

Oct 8, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Thank you

Oct 8, 2008, 05:23 PM

Could it be from my husband divorcing me do they go throug a server
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 05:58 PM

Quite likely.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 06:14 PM

Yes, most divorce filings are served.

Oct 8, 2008, 06:20 PM

Does it have to be in my hand
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 06:34 PM

Depends on the state, also if they "can't find you" they do a post in the legal section of a newspaper and have court without you. And guess what you normally lose and the other person gets everything they ask for.

But for example here, it can be left on the door, slide under the door, thrown at you, droped on the ground by you, and so on.

Oct 8, 2008, 06:38 PM

Wow thanks blimey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a process server get into trouble for lying? [ 9 Answers ]

The process server filed that he served me when I was at work. He placed the paperwork in my door.

One month left and our house is being foreclosed on [ 3 Answers ]

So about a month ago we started having people stop by and leave foreclouser information on the door. We had gotten a call about five months ago and they said the house was being foreclosed on. So we called our landlord and he said that it was taken care of. Last Friday we had a letter left on the...

Process server lied about service date! [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently served an Unlawful Detainer by the son of the Landlords attorney. He served me on the 18th of April but claimed to the court through his documentation that he served me on the 16th! When I went to the court house to file my Answer to the Unlawful Detainer the clerk told me a Default...

Ex Left Property at My House.Can I Dispose of it? - Urgent [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, long story short... nasty divorce. Towards the end, I moved a bunch of his stuff into storage and offered him the key, had the locks changed because per the property settlement arrangement, he wasn't supposed to be in the house anyway. He tricked a locksmith into opening the house and...

Left Over House Bricks [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought a house and with it came a pile of left over grey bricks in the back yard. What can I do with them? Some are solid on all four sides and others have grooves on two sides. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search