Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Oct 8, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Why is it important not to skip breakfast?
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering what opinions/recommendations you had on the subject of breakfast or skipping breakfast to be exact. I never eat breakfast because I'm not hungry when I wake up, it takes me several hours (and a couple of coffees later) to have an appetite in the morning.

Also, I've tried forcing myself to eat a little something even though I wasn't hungry and what I have found is that when I eat in the morning, I'm a lot hungrier than usual throughout the day, which is annoying when you're trying to manage your appetite.

I'm curious as to what it is exactly that is so important about eating breakfast? Why does everyone swear by it? What does it impact if you skip it?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Oct 8, 2008, 08:45 AM

Well, breakfast is the most important because it gives your brain fuel to think. You are compensating with coffee (caffeinated?)

I am the same way... and skip it as well.
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Oct 8, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    Well, breakfast is the most important because it gives your brain fuel to think. you are compensating with coffee (caffeinated?)

I am the same way...and skip it as well.
    So I'll be smarter if I eat breakfast? :)

I'm kidding. But you remind of a point I'd like to bring up. I've heard the "breakfast fuels your brain, provides you with energy" etc. but I find they generalize with those statements. What if you don't feel you need more energy in the morning, what if you don't have any issues concentrating/thinking etc? In that case, is it OK to skip it?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Oct 8, 2008, 12:11 PM

If you don't get sleepy or have a hard time thinking in the am.. I would skip it. (I do lol)

But, if you are a student, and are taking a test... by all means. EAT A REALLY GOOD PROTEIN FILLED BREAKFAST! (like eggs & bacon) it Does make a difference when trying to recall information
    sweettieo6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 10:11 PM
    My doctor told me that breakfast is the most important meal because you are not as hungry in the morning when you wake up.. thats why a light breakfast is good(couple eggs and bacon). If you don't eat breakfast you will be more hungry by lunch or supper time and eat a lot more then if you would eat breakfast.

I hurd of someone skipping there meals around... eating larger for breakfast and having a late lunch early dinner so then you have more time to burn off the calories you ate for your supper
    montecarlo42507 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Oct 25, 2008, 12:56 PM

I have heard that eating breakfast helps get your metabolism running faster therefore it allows you to breakdown more carbs throughout the day
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 07:25 PM

Dragonfly, I'm like you. I hate breakfast... unless it's for dinner. :)

I can just barely force myself to eat it when I have to. It feels totally unnatural to me. It even makes me nauseous. I've always been this way.

Because of all of the talk about the benefits of eating a good breakfast, I have tried very hard to get into the habit of eating something more times than I can count. Still, it's always been a struggle. Weird, right?

Well, I'm in very good shape, and I've just given up on the breakfast thing. I'll drink a cappuccino. That's enough for me. I'm sure there's a lot of truth in what's said about eating healthy in the morning. The one thing I've had the most success with was yogurt and a banana. Yum. I guess I don't have advice here... I just wanted to share. :)
    lovebug2140 Posts: 49, Reputation: -1

Nov 12, 2008, 12:00 AM

Eating breakfast sets your metabolism for the day. You should eat a good breakfast, then something like yogurt or fruit between breakfast and lunch. Then eat lunch, something like a half sandwich and a salad, then a snack, then dinner. If you eat at certain intervals through the day you shouldn't be hungry. Your stomach will shrink and then you will lose weight :) (im on the jenny craig program and that is how our days are planned)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skip kinder [ 5 Answers ]

Hello My Daughter will be 6 in jan I was just wondering can she go to 1st grade she knows 1 to 20 counting in words,colors name in words ,days of week in words ,vowels and 3 letters word she can read 3 letters ,addition ,subtraction Now she is going to kinder this fall

Workout before breakfast [ 1 Answers ]

I've heard that if you work out before eating breakfast you burn fat rather than the calories you ate during the day. From what I've tried I haven't seen a huge difference except it makes me kind of nauseous. Thoughts?

Breakfast ideas [ 10 Answers ]

I am trying to make sure I eat something every morning with my eat healthy diet Even if it is jelly toast. I don't like bagels. I am getting a little tired of eggs and potatoes in every way, shape and form. Need some variety. I also eat oatmeal and grapefruit or homemade applesauce sometimes. ...

How do I register a bed and breakfast as a business [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to find out how to register a bed and breakfast as a business for VAT purposes. How do I go about this?? Tracy

Healthier Breakfast [ 6 Answers ]

I was just wondering does anyone know which is healthier; Having a greasy breakfast (full english style at about 7:30am) Or Not having any breakfast at all (so getting up at about the same time, but not eating until midday!) J

View more questions Search