Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Oct 10, 2008, 09:01 AM

Hey Judy what was that paperwork you told a previous OP she could file that had to do with this same subject? I can't recall the post but I remember you told the OP to go to clerk and file a certain paper then pack up and leave and they should be fine...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21 View Post
    Hey Judy what was that paperwork you told a previous OP she could file that had to do with this same subject? I can't recall the post but I remember you told the OP to go to clerk and file a certain paper then pack up and leave and they should be fine...

Without looking at the previous post, whatever that question was, I don't know - but as a married couple she can leave with the children at any time. Not saying he won't fight it and her point of telling him where she is - after she gets there - is a good one.

The problem I see there is that if this marriage then dissolves it will be where they were residents, not wherever she moves, and she would have to go back for a divorce/custody/support proceeding or proceedings.
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Oct 10, 2008, 09:34 AM

Hmm, I don't remember the post. Sorry. But yes you make a good point. And they would have to figure out a visitation schedule too wouldn't they?
    AskJenny Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Oct 10, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by unhappy2484 View Post
    i had spoken with 2 before one said i could leave the other said i had to go to court to leave the state. i was like this is insane. so now i am going to talk to another lawyer monday and see what i can do i am not going to go to court so i can see if i can leave and watch him sit there and deny everything. he thinks he has done nothing wrong. and i had it.
    You can go for a visit can't you? Don't call it leaving or moving... just call it a visit and while you are there seek advice on making it permanent... I thought if you found gainful employment in another state that was justification for moving w/your child? Check that out w/an attorney please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feed up with my husbands friend I want her to get out of my husbands life. [ 9 Answers ]

My husband has go a friend, they have been friends for quit a long time. I am sick of her, you want to konow why? She used to email him email with some strong words, e.g. Hi sweetheart am missing you so much but I can't call you, please at least text me heavly love Lety. How are dear? You are so...

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

Want my son to have husbands name [ 1 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my son, he isn't the real dad, but he has been withme since my sons been born,we haven't heard from the boys real dad, my boy is 8 now and would love to give him my husbands surname please help

My husbands son [ 3 Answers ]

While my husband and I were broke up before we got back together and got married he was with a girl for 3 months. Well when he broke up with her she told him she was pregnant. Towards the end of the pregnancy she ask us if it was OK to put her B/F's name on the birth certificate because her b/f was...

Laws on husbands that don't work! [ 10 Answers ]

New Member Join Date: Aug 2007 Posts: 16 Husband don't work,, I have been married to a man for 19yrs he was in the united states navy for 9 yrs he was medcialy discharged on 0 percent, ever since then he was put on meds for depression, add, bipolar, the bottom line is he doesn't work,,...

View more questions Search