Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T_Roy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 06:36 AM
    No Heat Cycle, Purge blower motor on continuosly
    Hi.

I hope someone could help me. I have a York Stellar furnace and I am having a strange problem.

The air conditioning has worked well all summer. However, when I turned on the heat the draft inducing purge motor comes on and stays on. The heating cycle does not continue beyond that. I have 24 volts at the transformer secondary. I checked the thermostat by shorting the R to W and same problem exists. I checked the pressure switch by removing the rubber tube and sucking on it, it does switch and I did a continuity check on it and it does switch. I even tried to get the heat cycle to start by sucking on rubber hose and crimping it while measuring the voltage at the igniter, no voltage.

At this point I am thinking it is the control board, any thoughts would be appreciated. I pretty good with electronics but this has me stumped.

T_Roy
    T_Roy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 06:44 AM

A few more facts, the furnace is about 14 years old. It has a control board and White & Rogers 50E47-50 Ingintion module. LED on module is off, no blinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Day & Night by Carrier fan blower motor stuck on and heat doesn't work [ 22 Answers ]

:confused: Day & Night by Carrier central heating and a/c unit a/c unit model # 518CXX057000MACA date of mgf=1791 heating unit model# 394JAZ060080AAFA date of mgf=4592 Efficiency= natural draft? Type= forced air

Heater Blower Continuosly Stays On [ 6 Answers ]

Last night I had replaced my working noisy buzzing Honeywell mercury t-stat with a quiet programmable Lux t-stat, reconnected the respective R to R, G to G, W to W and C (blue) to the RH/RC terminals on the t-stat just as the instructions required. Then I attempted to turn on the heat through the...

Heat pump blower does not cycle off. [ 4 Answers ]

My problem I believe is with the blower control on a heat pump. With the thermostat in COOL or AUTO, the outdoor unit stops as expected when the temperature setpoint is reached. But the blower does not stop running. It continues to run as if it's in a manual run control. If the breaker to...

Heat Pump Blower Motor Stops [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older Rheem heat pump. The blower motor on the outside unit stopped running. It seemed to only run at about half speed for a couple of minutes then get hot and stop. I replaced the motor and both capacitors. This motor runs at full speed but gets hot and stops after a couple of minutes....

Blower continuosly running [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to figure out why fan keeps blowing inside house and outside heat pump not running. Replaced thermostat and that did not fix problem. Its blowing heat though but it runs continuously and the light bill is outrageous. Was thinking of replacing fuses outside or could it be adjust a limit...

View more questions Search