Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 06:21 AM
    The dufus - again
    Hello:

Seventeen Gitmo detainees will be released on Friday INSIDE the US. The Federal judge said, "I think the moment has arrived for the courts to shine the light of constitutionality on the reasons for the detention."

The Constitution?? What's that, Bush asks. "If they're released, it could be a precedent", Dana Perino said. He might have to OBEY the Constitution in the future. Well, we certainly can't have our dufus in chief obeying the Constitution now, can we?

You Republicans are silly. And, you want another chance?? Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 07:46 AM

Clinton-appointed US District Court Judge Ricardo Urbina decided it was time to free some Gitmo detainees, right onto the streets of Washington DC. All the best to be closer to one of their prime targets . I bet ACORN will be signing them up to vote by tomorrow.

Good call ! Good thing they made guns legal in DC .

The Boumediene v. Bush decision created a Constitutional right of habeas corpus for the Gitmo prisoners. Scalia's dissent predicted that it would cost American lives . We are one step close for that prediction coming true.
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Well, those gol darned Clintoon judges. I guess they just don't understand the Constitution like the Bushies do.

Speaking of which, if the dufus had charged these people IN federal court, and they actually DID something illegal, they would BE in the federal slam right now, and for a long time to come.

But, the dufus thought he couldn't convict them in a civilian court IF they had those gol darned CONSTITUTIONAL rights, so he put 'em in Gitmo where they had NO rights. I guess he figured he could convict 'em in a kangaroo court...

Well, how did that work out? Why weren't they tried? Seems that the dufus could have done so ifin he didn't have to deal with that pesky Constitution...

So, since they WEREN'T tried in a kangaroo court, where they could have easily been convicted, it would appear that they may actually have not done anything wrong. Perish the thought.

But, you want them held forever... For no reason... Shame on you.

In addition to these detainees, recently released documents detail how two American citizens and a legal US resident were treated in military jails INSIDE the US. They were held for YEARS with no charges. They weren't allowed access to a lawyer. They endured endless interrogations. They were held in isolation - no mail - no visits - no telephone - no light - no books - no NOTHING, but their guards.

I say again, these were AMERICAN citizens held INSIDE the US.

I know, I know. You're going to start listing all the reasons THESE citizens shouldn't be allowed Constitutional protection...

To you Republicans, the Constitution is just a convenience - not a requirement. Too bad for you. Americans understand that now. You and your neocon agenda are toast.

excon
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 08:54 AM

If the Neocons are truly toast and Americans truly understand now that the constitution is our most treasured possession then I would say that these last eight years were not all in vain.
    To bad the dufus's are on both sides of the isle and there is no particular party going to come save us though. When this big terrorist thing started, there were no Repubs or Dems, just Americans. Remember? Both parties got us here today, as far as Gitmo goes. As far as the economy goes concerning the meltdown and Fraudie May and Phonie Mac, that rests on the Democrats shoulder, mostly Barbie Frank and gang.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 09:50 AM

if the dufus had charged these people IN federal court, and they actually DID something illegal, they would BE in the federal slam right now, and for a long time to come.
    ]

Since when do prisoners taken in battle get cases decided in Federal Court ?
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Since when do prisoners taken in battle get cases decided in Federal Court ?
    Hello again, tom:

Uhhhh, when we can't convict them in a kangaroo court.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security & The Dufus [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Aren't you glad the dufus in chief didn't privatize your Social Security?? You do know, don't you, that John McSame wants to do the same thing? Er... at least he WANTED to, before the flip flop. The stock they WOULD have invested YOUR money into went bust yesterday. That would be AIG...

The dufus and Obama [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: Future President Obama, during the debates, said he would attack Al Qaeda INSIDE Pakistan... He was derided by the right for that policy. They kept saying that Pakistan is our ally and they're a sovereign nation... But, guess what?? Yup, the dufus in chief sent our forces into...

The Dufus [ 26 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know. You righty's thought the dufus in chief would be a wonderful president too, didn't you? I don't think there's too many of you who still think that. Well, maybe Galviston does. He's losing in Afghanistan. He lost Pakistan. He's losing in Iraq. He lost Georgia and the...

The Dufus in Chief [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: What's worse, a tax and spend Democrat or a borrow and spend Republican? To me, and I don't know much, it seems that if you're going to spend, paying for it is better than borrowing for it. But, that's just me. To me, NOT spending is better. Of course, the dufus in chief borrowed....

The Dufus in Chief [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: Thank goodness for George W. Bush. He's a wonderful man. He did a good thing. I changed my mind about him. I will forever be a supporter. He's actually NOT wonderful, but what happened WAS wonderful. And this wonderful thing didn't happen because George DID something wonderful...

View more questions Search