Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 03:16 AM

Hmmm, brelee!

That's not something that I've encountered before. Did you check out all of the websites that I listed as far as what they require for you to join them?

A lot of them operate on an international level and so, I would think that the ones operating on an international level would be taking into account the different contact information that might be provided by the person that wants to join the website.

Thanks!
    brelee Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2008, 06:39 PM

I can provide them our Chinese tel number and fax number...

The webside need American information to register may just aim at American suppliers and demanders, just forget it.

I have adv on the other webside you have provided, I will focus on these one and keep it updated.

Thanks

Oct 17, 2008, 12:18 AM

If I remember correctly, I did offer to help you, on the other thread that you started, so that you can word your ads the most effectively. That offer still stands. I can also help you to word responses to people when they do respond to your ads.

Yes, of couse. That will be a great help.

Here's the customer's reply:
    We are interested in two of the furniture pictures that you have online,I'm guessing that shipping to the United States would be cost prohibitive? Have you been able to successfully ship here before.. The postal code in the United States is 66202 (Kansas City).

Should I just reply the shipping cost?

Hope I'm not disturbing you much
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 12:25 AM
    No, your not disturbing me. One of the reasons that I like being on this site is for questions like yours!

Would you please list here the title of the ad to which the person responded, please?

Doing that wouldn't be using this site for advertising, because you will not have listed any content of the ad, contact information or links to anything.

Just please list the title, without the name of your business in the title if it might have been there. I'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2008, 12:29 AM

The title of the ad?

Reclaimed ship wood furniture
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 12:37 AM

Thanks! Does your ad appear on any links of the first and second pages of the following search, please?

"Reclaimed ship wood furniture" - Google Search

Oct 17, 2008, 12:40 AM

It seems not
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 12:44 AM

Then would you please put at lease a few sentences from the ad here to which the person responded? Please don't include any contact information in them.

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2008, 12:54 AM

Our furniture is made from reclaimed ship wood.

The complicated veins on the wood is the history of these old ships.

The wood from the old ships will still be the silent old wood, even it has witnessed many events in the past, and even it has been buried under the sea after thousands of years. As time goes by, no matter how the human beings change its destiny, it remains silent like a man with wisdom.

Something like that
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 01:03 AM

Thanks! Did you advertise on cracker.com.au? Your ad would appear to be being displayed there.

Oct 17, 2008, 01:06 AM

Yep. So how should I reply
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 01:09 AM

Please let me take a look at the wording of the response that I will copy and paste here, since your thread has now gone onto another page. I will be back in a few minutes.

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2008, 01:11 AM

Thank you.
    I am also trying to write the response.
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 01:16 AM
    I just sent you an inquiry via using that site. Please respond to it. I wanted to see how the site works.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brelee View Post
    If I remember correctly, I did offer to help you, on the other thread that you started, so that you can word your ads the most effectively. That offer still stands. I can also help you to word responses to people when they do respond to your ads.

Yes, of couse. That will be a great help.

Here's the customer's reply:
    We are interested in two of the furniture pictures that you have online,I'm guessing that shipping to the United States would be cost prohibitive? Have you been able to successfully ship here before.. The postal code in the United States is 66202 (Kansas City).
    Should I just reply the shipping cost?

Hope I'm not disturbing you much
    I haven't found the response of the person to be spam. However, did they give you their name or any other contact information in the response?

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2008, 01:43 AM

I cannot find your enquiry.
    The customer send email to me.

I'm still writing the reply letter...
    I will be back tomorrow.
    See you ^^
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 01:57 AM

If the customer didn't leave any name for themselves or even a company, then I would strongly suspect that the inquiry would be spam. As such, it may not be wise to respond to them.

I'm concerned about your getting spammed by someone who is just looking for email addresses to send spam to.

If you are writing a response to them, or anyone, please do post it here before sending it, again without any names or contact information so that I can give you an idea as to how you might make it the most professional that it could be.

If that ad is an example of what you have put out on the Internet, we really do need to work some on your wording so that things are the most attractive and professional.

It's best not to get all that excited about some responses that you get. The legitimate responses you get, will be because of the professional way you have worded your ads and also, people that are genuinely credible when responding, are going to be giving you their name as well as the name of their company in their response.

Thanks!

Nov 4, 2008, 07:02 PM

Would you mind giving me some suggestion about how to word my adv? Maybe American do not like something made in China, every time when I reply that we are loacted in China, we cannot get their reply any more...
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2008, 02:11 AM

Yes, I can help you with this, brelee! I've already offered that help previously. We'll need to work on how you title your ads, how you begin your ads, and what the focus is in your ads.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got a job working for company in Maryland but I will be working in SC at home. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just got a job working for a company in Maryland, yet I will be working remotely at my home in South Carolina. I will be flying up to Maryland maybe once every month or so for a couple of days to show my face. Will I be filing both SC and MD state taxes. I've never done this before so...

Working at a big company [ 10 Answers ]

Hello you, I work in a big company, and I like to keep things to myself ( although I don't have many secrets anyway,lol). Today, my coworkers asked me to have lunch with them ( all ladies among their 40s). Since I really didn't want to bring my own food back home over the weekends and I am...

Introduction working with new company\ [ 1 Answers ]

I have started with a new company and wanted to contact past costumers and let them know where I am?

NJ resident working in PA for a NJ company [ 1 Answers ]

Confusing isn't it. I'm somewhat confused about this. I've read about the reciprocal tax law but assume this applies at the State level. I live in NJ, my employer is based in NJ, however I work in PA (satellite office). I pay Fed and NJ state taxes but my local taxes are withheld in PA as well...

Working in two states, different company [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for the same company and in two different states last year. I lived in NY from Jan to July 2006 and then transferred to PA in August. I am a current resident in PA. I received two W2 forms in the mail for working in each state. The figure in Line 1 in both W2s are the same I...

View more questions Search