Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Monetary policy is still helping to promote growth and keep inflation low.
    Hello El:

Even IF this MASSIVE printing of fiat money DOES, somehow, positively affect the immediate crisis, the hyper-inflation soon to follow (18 months? ) will be the nail in our coffin.

Buy gold.

excon
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 12, 2008, 11:32 AM

I don't think we're going to be seeing hyperinflation any time soon. The big problem here is the lack of money available to businesses and individuals, not too much of it. And if the supply of cash does become more available, the fed can still control inflation via interest rates. We will not be seeing "hyperinflation". Inflation rates might go from 4% to 7% or 8%. But it won't be the very high inflation rates we saw in the 70s.

Elliot
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 12, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello El:

Even IF this MASSIVE printing of fiat money DOES, somehow, positively affect the immediate crisis, the hyper-inflation soon to follow (18 months??) will be the nail in our coffin.

Buy gold.

excon
    Wasn't it a Democrat administration that outlawed private owenership of gold? How will your gold help you if they do that again? They could, you know. You better bury those buckets deep in your back yard and hope you live long enough to cash them in.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Hello Gal:

What?? As soon as they ask, you think I'll run down to the nearest government station and give 'em my gold?? Really?? Should I turn myself in for smokin the reefer too? Dude!

In terms of the coming inflation, the national debt, per person is NOW somewhere around $450,000 per person... Did that make you choke?? That's a quarter of a million smackers PER PERSON. Now, if you don't think the government isn't going to inflate to get itself out of that bind, I'd like to smoke what YOU been smokin...

Buy gold.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Banking law [ 1 Answers ]

If my husband and I are listed as joint owners of a certificate of deposit, can he cash it in without my signature?

Banking [ 1 Answers ]

What is difference between certified funds and a bank official check?

Banking [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My husband to be. Is having a problem with getting a bank account . And we have paid the collection agency that we needed to pay . But it takes 30 to 90 days to fix. But we need the money now . I was wondering if he could sign th check over to me and I deposit it in my account. While the bank...

Reagan and spending [ 6 Answers ]

Why do republicans keep talking about reagan cutting spending and reducing government, when numbers show just the opposite?

Banking and the UCC [ 2 Answers ]

Just information for you to read about banking. http://www.lawresearchgroup.com/articles/article.php?story=20060102011133226;)

View more questions Search