Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tej deep ganesh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Getting an error about video card(disabled)
    Hai every one! I, recenntly have had a problem in my laptop with my windows vista operatung system about some boot manager file missing! So! I have formated my entire hard disk and reinstalled my operating system.
    But now! I am getting a error message(not exactly) saying that my screen resolution is set below minimum... video card disabled... etc. I don't know how to make it proper. Pplease tell me how to enable my video card or hardware accelerator?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Oct 7, 2008, 10:44 AM

You probably need to go get the latest video drivers fro your card.

What model/make is your laptop?
    tej deep ganesh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    you probably need to go get the latest video drivers fro your card.

What model/make is your laptop?
    I am using dell insperion 1525! It was working well before! I mean I didn't had any problems regarding these video card and graphic accelerator! But the problem started after reinstalling my os! Are there any advanced options to enable these feautures in my os??
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Oct 7, 2008, 11:10 AM

go into the device manager. See if anything is flagged with a exclamation.

here is the driver: Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters
    be sure to pick the correct OS (probably Vista Home Baqsic or Premium)

then reboot, and adjust the resolution to max allowed (should be 1280x800)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neverwinter nights 2 video card error [ 4 Answers ]

HI I recently purchased a copy of neverwinter nights 2 and I went to play it, I loaded it up but the screen went black and roze and it said video card has to be at least 128 and then it cancels. I typed in dxdiag and it said that my video card had 338mb What should I do :confused:

Video Card error? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to run a game that requires a 3d graphics card compatible with directx 9 (or something like that). But when I start the game, it says "prism3d.exe failed to launch." I Would like to know whether my video driver is capable of handling the application 'Prism3d'. It's the Intel 945 Chipset...

Can disabled lady go to jail over credit card debt? [ 9 Answers ]

My mother is a disabled 49 year old lady. She has no job and her only means of money is a small SSI check. She also receives a small amount of food stamps. She has a court date in August over credit card debt. The debt owed is 4,100.00. She had promised to pay the company 25.00 a month on the debt...

What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E. Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap...

Video controller error [ 1 Answers ]

Installed Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 graphic card on a compaq presario. How to repair the video controller (VGA Compatible) error?

View more questions Search