Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    80pink79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Missing dvd drive on my PC
    I'm trying to burn a dvd but I keep getting a message that says no dvd+/rw drive found is something wrong with my computer?
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Oct 7, 2008, 10:43 AM

Check to see if you are running XP SP3 (Right click "my computer" > click properties)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:00 PM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Oct 11, 2008, 09:00 AM

Are you trying to use itunes as the burning program?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

Drive not ready. Insert boot disk into drive A: [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently trying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp. I have upgraded the RAM to 256. When I reboot I get "Drive not ready.. Insert Boot Disk into Drive A:". I have gone into the BIOS and have changed the boot sequence to boot first from the hard drive then the cd rom. It still...

Hard drive letter missing [ 1 Answers ]

Here is my problem I have an external hard drive connected through usb on my desktop using xp home edition it had a drive letter of f assigned to it and was working fine but I tried to access today and the short cut says that it no longer exists went to disk management and found that it is still...

Missing cd/dvd drive [ 1 Answers ]

I'm missing my cd drive on my computer. I tried to use it a few days ago and nothing would happen. It made a noise but that's it, nothing would come up on my screen so I went looking for it in "my computer" and all I have is C and D drives and then f,g,h,and I which are for removable drives. I...

DVD drive is missing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, please help! My dvd drive does not show up at all. In the device driver window it has a yellow exclamation point and if I look at the device properties it shows the following error message: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is...

View more questions Search