Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canuckdude Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Oct 7, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Anyone know how to get the 5-10 veggies without actually eating veggies?
    Anyone know an alternative to just eating veggies everyday? I will eat carrots, most lettuce, and sometimes green beans. Other than that, I can't STAND veggies. Or most fruit for that matter. But I know it's important to my health to eat that stuff.
    Any suggestions?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 09:35 AM

Veggie juice. Yum yum!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 09:36 AM

Mmmm, chick peas for protein !
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 09:38 AM

Make a great suce for pasta. You can use every veggie there and it will taste great
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 09:43 AM

Just train yourself to like it. I did that with water, I just kept drinking it until I got used to it. Same with apple cores. Actually I have no idea why I did the latter...

Do you like smoothies? Terrible for your teeth but a very quick way to get a huge dose of fruit.

What is it that you don't like? The taste or the texture or both?

Try a spicey veggie curry I bet that would hide the taste.

Also dice them up really small in stews.

Do you like soup? That's another easy way to eat loads of veg, scots broth is a good one for this.
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Oct 7, 2008, 09:53 AM

Hi canuckdude,

I smiled when I read your post because unfortunately, I am just like you. I've tried just about everything to train myself to tolerate it, have tried the V8 juices (the new fruit/veggie combination ones aren't too disgusting so I recommend finding a flavor you might be able to stand) but I have personally resorted to taking nutritional supplements for those important nutrients I don't get in food. I know it isn't ideal and doesn't exactly have the full value of eating these foods since the body's absorption is different, but it's better than not getting them at all. Perhaps if all else fails - you could try the same? It takes some research to figure out a supplement plan tailored to you (what's missing in your diet) but it's worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fiber in veggies or grains [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused about this fiber thin, I have IBS and fiber in general does not work for me very well, makes me more bloated, but I still need it , may be in a very small amount. I want to know, what is the difference between the fiber in veggies and grains

Frozen veggies! [ 2 Answers ]

The veggie/fruit storage drawer keeps freezing my veggies, anyone know why this keeps happening, The themostat is not turned way up. Thanks!

Eating [ 8 Answers ]

OK I have 2 problems, First my mom used to put people food in our two four year old Bichons when they wouldn't eat. She also hand fed them and gave them people food at and away from the dinner table a lot. Recently I have been training them to stop begging and there is no more table food. ...

Microwaving veggies - do they lose vitamins? [ 4 Answers ]

I read awhile ago that microwaving frozen veggies robs them of their nutrients and vitamins. Is this true?

View more questions Search